The BA (Hons) Hotel Management Top Up offers a progression route for applicants who wish to complete their BA (Hons) degree after completing an appropriate Level 5 qualification (such as HND, Advanced Diploma or Foundation degree). The Top Up is the last eight months of the accelerated BA (Hons) Hotel Management degree and encompasses the theory and practical experience you will need for a successful career in the hospitality industry.
For accurate and up to date information regarding this course, structure and fee information, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The course combines hotel experience in Wivenhoe House, a 4* country house hotel on Essex’s Colchester campus, with industry-relevant business management lectures to prepare you to become a successful manager.
With a student experience unlike any other, it may come as no surprise that the Edge Hotel School is ranked 3rd in the UK for overall student satisfaction for Tourism, Transport and Travel in the National Student Survey 2021. This result follows the previous ranking of 1st in the UK in the NSS2020, demonstrating a consistent level of excellence in delivering an exceptional student experience.
The top up degree will enable candidates to update their vocational skills, competences and knowledge of the industry. They will have the opportunity to develop and unlock their professional capabilities. The course has a high profile with members of the industry and is heavily industry engaged .
The Edge Hotel School experience is unlike any other student experience, where you will get the best of both worlds. Not only will you graduate from a leading university* – you will refine your industry knowledge and professional skills by gaining valuable experience in a fully-commercial 4* hotel alongside your studies.
*The University of Essex is Gold rated in the Teaching Excellence Framework (2017).
Accredited by the Institute of Hospitality that academic, vocational and professional standards achieved are appropriate and programme content and delivery meet international Institute of Hospitality benchmark standards.
Our expert staff
Our staff includes lecturers with both professional as well as academic backgrounds to ensure you are taught by people with industry-relevant experience themselves. Among our academic staff are published authors including a former hotel General Manager, a Food and Beverage Manager for award-winning cruise lines, an organiser of the BRIT Awards and London Fashion Week and a Dr. (PhD) with international research experience.
- Wivenhoe House, where you will gain experience, is a 40-bedroom country house hotel on the university campus with a brasserie restaurant and a busy conference and events function that hosts over 300 events and 50 weddings annually.
- The Edge Hotel School has connections with a range of organisations across the hospitality and events industries – throughout your studies you can expect guest lectures, masterclasses and networking events to help further your career prospects. Supporters of the Edge Hotel School include Apex Hotels, The Arora Group, BaxterStorey, Claridges, Dorchester Collection, Edge Foundation, EDITION Hotels, Exclusive Hotels and Venues, Georgian House Hotel, Hand Picked Hotels, The Landmark London, Levy UK and Ireland, Master Innholders, Moet Hennessey, Milsoms Hotels and Restaurants, Oakman Inns, Royal Lancaster London, the Savoy Educational Trust, Sbe, St Julians Scholars – among many others.
- The Edge Hotel Society hosts student-organised events including industry speakers, student social events and an annual ball.
- As an Edge Hotel School student you will be issued with a uniform to wear for your shifts in Wivenhoe House and when representing the School externally. You will just need to provide your own white shirts and black shoes.
The skills you will gain throughout your (BA) Hotel Management Top Up will be transferable to a range of working environments within the hospitality industry including hotels, restaurants, resorts and event management. There are opportunities throughout the course to meet hotel general managers and recruitment managers to further your professional network.
Graduates of the Hotel Management programme have gone onto careers in:
- Hotel management
- Food and beverage management
- Guest experience
- Interior design
- Marketing and sales
- Restaurant management
- Events management
- Airlines and airport operations
Why we’re great
- The first hotel school of its kind in the UK offering experience in a fully-commercial 4* hotel.
- Academic teaching that reflects the movements and innovation of the hospitality sector.
- Outstanding preparation for employment through innovative combination of professional experience and academic learning
Below is just a example of some of the modules from the current academic year. Our research-led teaching is continually evolving to address the latest challenges and breakthroughs in the field. The course content is therefore reviewed on an annual basis to ensure our courses remain up-to-date so modules listed are subject to change.
Level 6 (8 months) Top Up modules
- Industry Context 3
- Hotel Operations 3
- The Customer Experience 3
- Human Resources
- Research Project (Dissertation)
- Consultancy Project
This module will enable you to think in more strategic terms. You will learn how organisations can evaluate their current operational and financial situation and the external environment that impact their businesses and how, in an incredibly turbulent environment, they can build resilience, innovation and flexibility into their future operations.
This module will enable you to propose significant change throughout a business and to evaluate the potential impact on its finances. You will reflect on options for organisational strategic direction as well as working on a case study to put your recommendations in to practice.
This module tests your ability to create a marketing plan for a business of your choice. It will require innovation and creativity to generate an idea for a viable, pragmatic hospitality or event business and to write a professional marketing plan, designed to attract future investors.
This module will enable you to understand the fundamentals of Human Resource Management within a business. The module covers legislation, recruitment, talent management and managing performance. You will write a Human Resource policy document to support your business or business idea.
This module is an opportunity to research a topic of your own choosing. With the support of your own individual tutor, you will produce a significant piece of research that may involve working with relevant individuals or organisations from industry, professional and personal networks and others.
This module is your chance to work with and develop relationships with an industry client. With the support of an academic supervisor, you will test your business acumen and creativity on a project that could be of direct commercial benefit to the sponsors company. Topics can range from improving a businesses Human Resources, Marketing or Operational strategy to the development of environmental policies or organisational re-branding. It will involve both writing a professional consultancy report as well as presenting to the sponsoring industry client.
Teaching and learning disclaimer
Following the impact of the pandemic, we made changes to our teaching and assessment to ensure our current students could continue with their studies uninterrupted and safely. These changes included courses being taught through blended delivery, normally including some face-to-face teaching, online provision, or a combination of both across the year.
The teaching and assessment methods listed show what is currently planned for 2021 entry; changes may be necessary if, by the beginning of this course, we need to adapt the way we’re delivering them due to the external environment, and to allow you to continue to receive the best education possible safely and seamlessly.
- The Top Up will last 8-months, as it is comprised of the final level of the full BA Hotel Management course.
- In the Level 6, you will have up to 18 weeks of teaching, 3 weeks gaining experience in the hotel and 5 weeks self-study, in addition to your holidays.
- During a teaching week you would spend around 10 hours per week in lectures, or smaller seminars. This may fluctuate at times during the course.
- Your hotel experience on this programme will consist of 13 shifts split over 3 weeks – Restaurant and Night Porter, Events and Housekeeping, and Duty Manager – all for one week.
- Our Top Up, like our accelerated degrees, does not follow the standard termly timetable, and students are expected to continue their academic and hotel work over the Summer, Easter and Christmas periods. Further information for the course is available on the by contacting our professional services team at email@example.com.
Your Hotel Management degree has been designed to provide a mix of assessment approaches, including:
- Reflective statements
- The Professional Performance Assessment (PPA) which takes the form of an interview is used throughout our courses to allow you to reflect, practise and improve your interview skills before embarking on interviews for your first graduate role.
- The Professional Code of Conduct is an important part of your assessment. It focuses on areas that are important for future managers such as attendance, punctuality and team working. The Professional Code of Conduct is available in your Student Handbook.