Accounting and Finance at Swansea University is 12th in the UK for Graduate Prospects – Outcomes (Complete University Guide 2022).
Become a highly skilled, career-ready graduate when you study our multi-accredited, BSc Accounting and Finance degree.
Not only will you get a head start to achieving Chartered Accountant status with global accrediting bodies – ACCA , ICAEW and CIMA, but you will also study a huge selection of topics from Management Accounting and Financial Accounting to Corporate Finance.
Our course is designed to ensure you are taught the most relevant, cutting-edge topics- which will make you stand out from other candidates in the job market.
You will gain both the technical and practical skills needed to thrive in the world of accounting and finance; and will have the opportunity to complete a zero-credit module- designed to guide you through an entire process of setting up a computerised accounting system- using SAGE Line 50. This invaluable practical know-how and your vast knowledge of both accounting and finance will give you a serious edge when you graduate from Swansea University.
WHY ACCOUNTING AND FINANCE AT SWANSEA?
- Ranked 12th in the UK for Graduate Prospects – Outcomes(Complete University Guide 2022)
- Ranked 20th in the UK for Teaching Satisfaction (Guardian University Guide 2021)
- Accredited by global accrediting bodies- ACCA , ICAEW and CIMA. Get a head-start to achieving Chartered Accountant status- studying modules that give you direct exemptions from key accrediting examinations- hugely attractive to future employers and your graduate prospects
- ACCA – You can gain maximum ACCA exam exemptions for the applied knowledge and applied skills element of the professional qualification when you graduate
- Computerised Accounting module: designed to guide you through an entire process of setting up a computerised accounting system using SAGE Line 50
- Tailor your course to suit your interests and career goals – choose from a huge selection of optional modules
- Get real-world know-how from our world-leading lecturers with unrivalled experience in both industry and academia
YOUR ACCOUNTING AND FINANCE EXPERIENCE
Accounting and Finance at Swansea is a flexible degree with the chance to study abroad for a year, or work in industry for a year. This can give you a real competitive advantage and will broaden your horizons when it comes to seeking employment.
Your Accounting and Finance experience will benefit from a wide selection of optional modules in later years of study, allowing you to shape the degree towards your career goals.
Teaching at Swansea is partly informed by research, and our staff have hands-on experience of theory and practice, meaning you can benefit from their academic expertise and real-world know-how.
As well as setting you up for a career as an accounting and finance specialist, within a business or organisation, we also have support services available to help you start your own business. This is particularly useful for those students wanting to become independent accountants or financial advisors.
During your time with us, you will also have full access to our cutting edge video and digital content creation suite and state-of-the-art facilities at the School of Management.
Hear from Maruva, as she gives insight into the modules studied in the first year of Accounting and Finance at Swansea:
ACCOUNTING AND FINANCE EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITIES
As an Accounting and Finance graduate from Swansea, you will find yourself in a great position to secure rewarding employment at any desirable organisation.
Whether your target is EY, Deloitte, KPMG or PwC, this degree makes you a strong candidate for employment. Your next step could lie in any of these roles:
- Wealth management or investment adviser
- Accountant or actuary
- Banking professional
- Finance analyst
Careers and Employability
Swansea Employability Academy (SEA) will support you at each stage of your career journey helping you build a bright future.
Our career support services include:
- Employability workshops, employers’ talks, bespoke events and careers fairs
- Individual advice and guidance from professionally qualified Careers Advisers
- Help with finding jobs, internships, work placements and volunteering opportunities
- Access to information resources on a wide range of career management topics
- Advice and guidance on postgraduate study and funding
- Funding to support student internship opportunities and Student Society/Club events.
We also provide help and advice for Swansea University Alumni up to two years after you graduate.
The School of Management also has a dedicated in-house Employability team offering additional support.
During your time with us, you’ll have the chance to:
- Join our Employability Mentoring scheme and get mentored by an employer who can help you with the transition from student to working professional
- Get the opportunity to speak to our growing Alumni Community
- Work and network with employers from a range of national and multi-national companies through our seminars and events
- Boost your skills and meet employers during our Employability Module, which is run twice a year
- Get supported in opportunities to work a year in industry or to study abroad.
- Take advantage of unlimited 1-2-1 support to develop your career experience
- Stay in touch for support for five years after you graduate