Do you see yourself playing a key role within a successful brand? Are you seeking a degree to distinguish yourself from the pack through the creative skills required to assertively manage business at a global, national or local level?
Ideal if you have a dedicated interest in marketing, sales and consumer behaviour, this pathway concentrates on the interaction between customers and businesses in the global marketplace.
You can study specialist marketing topics such as consumer behaviour, marketing communications, marketing research, marketing metrics and global marketing.
The BSc Business Management degree at Swansea University is the most established programme within the School of Management, known for producing highly skilled and commercial thinking business managers. Graduates have gone on to work for the world’s biggest brands including Shell UK, Marks & Spencer, Bloomberg and Tata.
As well as specialising in marketing, this Business Management course will equip you with essential modern expertise in entrepreneurship, management consulting, operations management, finance, accountancy, strategy and human resources.
WHY BUSINESS MANAGEMENT (MARKETING) AT SWANSEA?
- Ranked 17th in the UK for Marketing (Complete University Guide 2022)
- Business and Marketing is ranked 6th in the UK for Course Satisfaction (Guardian University Guide 2021)
- Business and Marketing is ranked in the UK Top 20 for Career Prospects (Guardian University Guide 2021)
- Accredited by nationally recognised bodies, such as the leading professional marketing body, The Chartered Institute of Marketing (CIM)
- Tailor your course to suit your interests and career goals – choose from a huge selection of optional modules
- Get real-world know-how from our world-leading lecturers with unrivalled experience in both industry and academia
- A diverse student body from over 60 different countries
- Based in the £22 million School of Management building on the Bay campus
YOUR BUSINESS MANAGEMENT (MARKETING) EXPERIENCE
Business Management (Marketing) at Swansea is a flexible degree giving you the chance to study abroad for a year, or work in industry for a year. This can give you a real competitive advantage and broaden your horizons when it comes to seeking employment.
Our broad selection of optional modules from the second and third years allows you to shape the degree towards your specific career goals.
Covering the foundation of business and management, this course also focuses on how customers and businesses interact in a global marketplace, allowing you to pursue specialist topics such as consumer behaviour, marketing communications, marketing research, marketing metrics and global marketing.
Teaching at Swansea is partly informed by research and our staff have hands-on experience of theory and practice, meaning you can benefit from their academic expertise and real-world know-how.
As well as setting you up for a career in marketing within an organisation, we also have support services available to help you start your own business.
During your time with us, you will also have full access to our cutting edge video and digital content creation suite and state-of-the-art facilities at the School of Management.
Hear from Theodora, as she gives insight into the modules studied in the first year of Business Management at Swansea:
BUSINESS MANAGEMENT (MARKETING) EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITIES
As a Business Management graduate from Swansea specialised in marketing, you will find yourself in a great position to secure rewarding employment at any business.
Whether your target is Shell UK, Marks & Spencer, Bloomberg or Tata, this degree makes you a strong candidate for any potential employer. Your next step could lie in any of these roles:
- Marketing Director
- Analyst or Researcher
- HR Business Partner
- Management Consultant
- Business Development Manager
Careers and Employability
Swansea Employability Academy (SEA) will support you at each stage of your career journey helping you build a bright future.
Our career support services include:
- Employability workshops, employers’ talks, bespoke events and careers fairs
- Individual advice and guidance from professionally qualified Careers Advisers
- Help with finding jobs, internships, work placements and volunteering opportunities
- Access to information resources on a wide range of career management topics
- Advice and guidance on postgraduate study and funding
- Funding to support student internship opportunities and Student Society/Club events.
We also provide help and advice for Swansea University Alumni up to two years after you graduate.
The School of Management also has a dedicated in-house Employability team offering additional support.
During your time with us, you’ll have the chance to:
- Join our Employability Mentoring scheme and get mentored by an employer who can help you with the transition from student to working professional
- Get the opportunity to speak to our growing Alumni Community
- Work and network with employers from a range of national and multi-national companies through our seminars and events
- Boost your skills and meet employers during our Employability Module, which is run twice a year
- Get supported in opportunities to work a year in industry or to study abroad.
- Take advantage of unlimited 1-2-1 support to develop your career experience
- Stay in touch for support for five years after you graduate