Are you seeking a degree to give you distinctive credibility for assertively managing the operations and supply of business on a global, national or local level?
If you are driven to understand and improve how products and services are designed and delivered, specialising in operations and supply management is the pathway for you.
It allows you to explore operations management, supply chain management and project management.
The BSc Business Management degree at Swansea University is the most established programme within the School of Management, known for producing highly skilled and commercial thinking business managers. Graduates have gone on to work for the world’s biggest brands including Shell UK, Marks & Spencer, Bloomberg and Tata.
As well as specialising in operations and supply, this Business Management course will equip you with essential modern expertise in marketing, entrepreneurship, management consulting, finance, accountancy, strategy and human resource management.
WHY BUSINESS MANAGEMENT (OPERATIONS AND SUPPLY MANAGEMENT) AT SWANSEA?
- Business is ranked 6th in the UK for Course Satisfaction (Guardian University Guide 2021)
- Business is ranked in the UK Top 20 for Career Prospects (Guardian University Guide 2021)
- Accredited by nationally recognised bodies, including CMI which is the only organisation that can award Chartered Manager status – the highest accolade for leaders and managers
- Tailor your course to suit your interests and career goals – choose from a huge selection of optional modules
- Get real-world know-how from our world-leading lecturers with unrivalled experience in both industry and academia
- A diverse student body from over 60 different countries
- Based in the £22 million School of Management building on the Bay campus
YOUR BUSINESS MANAGEMENT (OPERATIONS AND SUPPLY MANAGEMENT) EXPERIENCE
Business Management (Operations and Supply Management) at Swansea is a flexible degree giving you the chance to study abroad for a year, or work in industry for a year. This can give you a real competitive advantage and broaden your horizons when it comes to seeking employment.
The mixture of core business modules and specific operations and supply management modules will become invaluable when seeking employment after graduating. Our broad selection of optional modules from the second and third years allows you to shape the degree towards your specific career goals.
Teaching at Swansea is partly informed by research and our staff have hands-on experience of theory and practice, meaning you can benefit from their academic expertise and real-world know-how.
As well as setting you up for a career as an operations or supply manager within a business, we also have support services available to help you start your own business.
During your time with us, you will also have full access to our cutting edge video and digital content creation suite and state-of-the-art facilities at the School of Management.
Hear from Theodora, as she gives insight into the modules studied in the first year of Business Management at Swansea:
BUSINESS MANAGEMENT (OPERATIONS AND SUPPLY MANAGEMENT) EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITIES
As a Business Management graduate from Swansea specialised in operations and supply, you will find yourself in a great position to secure rewarding employment at any business.
Whether your target is Shell UK, Marks & Spencer or Tata, this degree makes you a strong candidate for any potential employer. Your next step could lie in any of these roles:
- Operations and Supply Consultant
- Financial Advisor
- Analyst or Researcher
- HR Business Partner
- Management Consultant
- Business Development Manager
Careers and Employability
Swansea Employability Academy (SEA) will support you at each stage of your career journey helping you build a bright future.
Our career support services include:
- Employability workshops, employers’ talks, bespoke events and careers fairs
- Individual advice and guidance from professionally qualified Careers Advisers
- Help with finding jobs, internships, work placements and volunteering opportunities
- Access to information resources on a wide range of career management topics
- Advice and guidance on postgraduate study and funding
- Funding to support student internship opportunities and Student Society/Club events.
We also provide help and advice for Swansea University Alumni up to two years after you graduate.
The School of Management also has a dedicated in-house Employability team offering additional support.
During your time with us, you’ll have the chance to:
- Join our Employability Mentoring scheme and get mentored by an employer who can help you with the transition from student to working professional
- Get the opportunity to speak to our growing Alumni Community
- Work and network with employers from a range of national and multi-national companies through our seminars and events
- Boost your skills and meet employers during our Employability Module, which is run twice a year
- Get supported in opportunities to work a year in industry or to study abroad.
- Take advantage of unlimited 1-2-1 support to develop your career experience
- Stay in touch for support for five years after you graduate