Can you picture yourself working for a multinational marketing agency with a household name brand? This degree will distinguish you from the pack as a committed marketing graduate with the dynamic creative skills required to assertively manage marketing on a global, national or local level.
Whether you are seeking to work agency or client side, in the third sector or for your own marketing consultancy, our course equips you everything you need for a career as a marketing practitioner.
Taught on the Bay Campus at a stunning beachside location, the BSc Marketing degree at Swansea University offers a strong grounding in marketing principles and key management disciplines.
By combining your learning of marketing strategy with contemporary topics on consumer behaviour, marketing research, international marketing and digital marketing, you will learn to think critically and make well informed strategic marketing decisions with impact in the real world.
This is the perfect choice if you want to pursue an energising, long and successful career in the field of marketing.
WHY MARKETING AT SWANSEA?
- Ranked 17th in the UK for Marketing (Complete University Guide 2022)
- Ranked in the UK Top 15 for Research Quality (Complete University Guide 2022)
- Accredited by nationally recognised bodies, such as the leading professional marketing body, The Chartered Institute of Marketing (CIM)
- Tailor your course to suit your interests and career goals – choose from a huge selection of optional modules
- Get real-world know-how from our world-leading lecturers with unrivalled experience in both industry and academia.
- A diverse student body from over 60 different countries
- Based in the £22 million School of Management building on the Bay campus
YOUR MARKETING EXPERIENCE
Marketing at Swansea is a versatile degree giving you the chance to study abroad or work in industry for a year. These personally character-building opportunities can deepen your skill-set and broaden your horizons when it comes to finding employment.
In year 1 you develop a core foundation in business management and marketing, studying a range of business related topics. In the following years you will specialise in marketing specific modules and have the chance to explore elective modules from other business disciplines.
Our teaching staff have hands-on experience of marketing theory and practice. Through lectures, tutorials and one-to-ones you will absorb their academic expertise and knowledge of how real marketing actually works.
If this course inspires independent marketing aspirations of your own, we can help. Our range of support includes business mentoring alongside corporate partners with a wealth of industry experience.
During your time with us, you will also have full access to our cutting edge video and digital content creation suite and state-of-the-art facilities at the School of Management.
MARKETING EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITIES
Marketing graduates from Swansea are in an excellent position to secure stimulating employment within diverse sectors and organisations, locally and internationally.
Whether you target the big multinational agencies such as Ogilvy, Edelman, McCann or IBM, global household brands or smaller organisations, this degree makes you a strong candidate for any potential employer. Your future job title could be any of the following:
- Marketing Manager
- Media Buyer
- PR Account Executive
- Brand Manager
- Management Consultant
Careers and Employability
Swansea Employability Academy (SEA) will support you at each stage of your career journey helping you build a bright future.
Our career support services include:
- Employability workshops, employers’ talks, bespoke events and careers fairs
- Individual advice and guidance from professionally qualified Careers Advisers
- Help with finding jobs, internships, work placements and volunteering opportunities
- Access to information resources on a wide range of career management topics
- Advice and guidance on postgraduate study and funding
- Funding to support student internship opportunities and Student Society/Club events.
We also provide help and advice for Swansea University Alumni up to two years after you graduate.
The School of Management also has a dedicated in-house Employability team offering additional support.
During your time with us, you’ll have the chance to:
- Join our Employability Mentoring scheme and get mentored by an employer who can help you with the transition from student to working professional
- Get the opportunity to speak to our growing Alumni Community
- Work and network with employers from a range of national and multi-national companies through our seminars and events
- Boost your skills and meet employers during our Employability Module, which is run twice a year
- Get supported in opportunities to work a year in industry or to study abroad.
- Take advantage of unlimited 1-2-1 support to develop your career experience
- Stay in touch for support for five years after you graduate