Technological change and the digital economy raise new economic and managerial challenges for businesses and public and private sector organisations. Birkbeck is a centre for excellence in research and inspirational teaching in business innovation.
Our MSc Business Innovation with E-Business helps you understand the importance of innovation for rethinking management, business strategy, corporate assets, intellectual property rights, institutions, organisations, firms, entrepreneurship and globalisation in a changing world. It will equip you with theories, principles and tools for analysing and coping with business innovation issues.
The programme is also offered with specialisation in Entrepreneurship and Innovation Management or International Technology Management.
- Based in the School of Business, Economics and Informatics, the Department of Management is an internationally recognised centre of excellence in teaching, research and consultancy in the broad field of management.
- Our academic staff are active researchers as well as enthusiastic teachers, and regularly publish cutting-edge articles in the world’s leading journals. We have particular research strengths in international business and strategy, the management of innovation and entrepreneurship, human resource management, corporate governance, sport management and marketing, as well as financial management and accounting.
- We engage in significant collaborative research and have excellent contacts with many public and private sector organisations, professional bodies and researchers at other academic institutions.
- The programme is supported and informed by the cutting-edge research and professional expertise of our Centre for Innovation Management Research.
- Many Birkbeck students work in, or have professional experience in, the industries under consideration. This provides strong networking opportunities with fellow students and Birkbeck alumni, with potentially beneficial impacts on your career development.
- You will have access to Moodle, our online learning resource where all information and materials relating to your programme of study and modules are available, as well as the Birkbeck Library and e-Library.
Careers and employability
Graduates can pursue careers in management, business, industry, and policy-making. Possible professions include human resources officer, management consultant, or operational researcher. This degree can also be useful in becoming a logistics and distribution manager, marketing executive, or systems analyst.
We offer a comprehensive Careers Service to help you advance your career, while our in-house, professional recruitment consultancy, Birkbeck Talent, works with London’s top employers to help you gain work experience that fits in with your evening studies.