Prepare yourself for a career in business or in any organisation that values an awareness of economic issues. You’ll graduate as a confident, independent thinker, with a detailed knowledge of business and management, and the ability to adapt rapidly to change.
BSc Business Management and Economics will give you in-depth knowledge of organisations and their environments, including their relationships to society.
You will explore key theories and concepts in economics and their application in international business, and gain a solid understanding of areas such as managing people, operations, logistics, marketing and business ethics. Additionally, you will learn how businesses can operate effectively in a multicultural environment.
In readiness for your future career, you will acquire key attributes employers value, such as commercial acumen, self-reflection and emotional intelligence, alongside skills in research, analysis, numeracy and project management. You will finish the course confident in your personal values, with the knowledge and experience to solve business problems ethically, and an excellent understanding of the wider economy.
This programme is dual accredited to a CMI qualification. Upon successful completion of the programme, Roehampton on-campus students, will be eligible for a CMI L5 qualification in Management and Leadership (subject to passing the required mapped CMI modules and CMI moderation.
- Establish an overview of business organisations in a global context and explore key aspects of business management such as finance, marketing and data analysis.
- Develop and track your own increasing ability to add value to organisations, through our Business Readiness and Extended Academic Induction modules.
- Understand your role in a team, and learn to recognise your personal strengths and weaknesses through self-assessment and reflection.
- Practise these skills through problem-based activities and scenarios.
- Study managerial economics and international economics, to build your economics knowledge and skills.
- Continue to develop your business readiness and experience of management, from managing people across different cultures to project management.
- Take up the opportunity to study abroad.
- Plan, research and write a dissertation on your chosen area of economics.
- Develop a deeper economic understanding through modules such as Labour Economics, Economics of Money, Banking and Finance or Development Economics.
- Explore business ethics and responsible management, as well as applied corporate strategy.
The skills and knowledge you go away with will put you in a strong position for pursuing jobs in the UK’s most important sectors and occupations, including financial services, management consultancy, risk analysis and economic think tanks.
Our careers team is available to support you from the start of your studies until after you graduate. They will help you build your CV, prepare for interviews, and meet and learn from successful graduates working at the top of their careers. You’ll also have opportunities to work with our partners across London and beyond, and to attend a Roehampton jobs fair where you can find out about graduate opportunities and meet employers.