Gain the knowledge needed to plan, set up and run a business on our Business Management and Entrepreneurship BSc. You’ll graduate as a confident, independent thinker, with a detailed knowledge of business, management and the nature of entrepreneurship.
If you are interested in what it takes to be a successful entrepreneur, this degree is ideal. You will gain in-depth knowledge of organisations and their environments, while learning to manage innovation and developing your own entrepreneurial skills.
Exploring key concepts such as managing people, operations, logistics, marketing and finance, you will also learn about corporate strategy, business ethics and how small businesses and start-ups need to operate in a competitive business environment.
In readiness for your future career, you will acquire key attributes employers value, such as commercial acumen, self-reflection and emotional intelligence, alongside skills in research, analysis, numeracy and project management.
- Establish an overview of business organisations and explore key areas of business such as finance and marketing that will play an important role in achieving your entrepreneurial aspirations.
- Develop and track your own increasing ability to add value to organisations, through our Business Readiness and Extended Academic Induction modules.
- Understand your role in a team, and learn to recognise your personal strengths and weaknesses through self-assessment and reflection.
- Practise these skills through problem-based activities and scenarios.
- Gain an understanding of management concepts, from managing people to supply chain and project management.
- Continue to develop your business readiness.
- Practise your entrepreneurship in a real-world context and acquire high-level business planning skills, critical to successful entrepreneurship.
- Explore both the theory and practice of entrepreneurship, learning more about your own style and skills, and how to bring those abilities out in others.
- Look at innovation, and gain an understanding of the approaches used to encourage it within an organisation.
- Undertake a dissertation on an entrepreneurial topic of your choice.
You will be in a strong position to start your own business. You could also work in business development or a graduate traineeship, or in any sector that seeks dynamic, creative individuals with proven business knowledge.
Our careers team is available to support you from the start of your studies until after you graduate. They will help you build your CV, prepare for interviews, and meet and learn from successful graduates working at the top of their careers. You’ll also have opportunities to work with our partners across London and beyond, and to attend a Roehampton jobs fair where you can find out about graduate opportunities and meet employers.