If you are considering a career in business management, this BSc is an excellent place to start. You’ll graduate ‘business ready’, as a confident, independent thinker with a detailed knowledge of the relevant issues, and the skills to adapt rapidly to change.
BSc Business Management will give you in-depth knowledge of organisations and the business environment, and an insight into the core areas of corporate life, including managing people, operations, logistics, marketing, finance, and the role of ethical management.
You will explore how businesses can operate effectively in a multicultural environment, while learning to identify and solve business problems yourself, and communicate your ideas with impact.
- Develop and track your own increasing ability to add value to organisations, through our Business Readiness module.
- Understand your role in a team, and learn to recognise your personal strengths and weaknesses through self-assessment and reflection.
- Practise these skills through problem-based activities and scenarios.
- Establish an overview of business organisations in a global context and explore key areas of business such as finance, management and marketing.
- Build your understanding of management (including managing people across different cultures, supply chain management and project management).
- Choose to develop your specialist knowledge through optional modules in Accounting, Human Resource Management, Marketing and Entrepreneurship.
- Continue to develop your business readiness, so you can demonstrate to potential employers the skills you’ve gained.
- Develop a deeper understanding of key areas through a range of optional modules and your dissertation.
- Explore corporate strategy and business ethics.
- Other modules include Banking & Finance, Global Marketing, Branding, International Human Resource Management and Entrepreneurship.
This course offers all students the option to apply for a one-year paid work placement. If you successfully secure a work placement, you will undertake the placement following year two of your programme and return following the placement to complete your studies.
A placement year is the perfect opportunity to implement the skills and knowledge that you will learn in year one and two, while gaining valuable work experience. The opportunity to make connections in your chosen industry will greatly improve your career prospects and equip you with the skills and experience you need to secure graduate-level employment.
The University Careers and Placements team will support you to develop your CV and skills though webinars, workshops and 1-2-1 appointments. You will also benefit from regular communication about available opportunities to aid your placement search.
Please note while the University will support you with your placement search and applications, a placement cannot be guaranteed.