If you’re looking to build a career in marketing, our BSc Marketing is a brilliant starting point.
You’ll learn all about how to use marketing to respond to the needs of the digital economy and the constantly changing expectations of social media-savvy consumers.
You’ll gain in-depth knowledge of a range of marketing strategies and tactics used by organisations to achieve their business goals.
Covering the fundamentals of branding, you’ll also learn about marketing communications strategies, ethical issues in global marketing, and the evolving nature of digital marketing.
Over the course of your degree, you will develop the skills needed to run your own marketing communication campaigns, create unique brand identities and foster competitive advantage, while also considering the ethical and sustainability issues that come into play in devising effective marketing campaigns.
This degree is accredited by the Chartered Institute of Marketing (CIM) and our degree has been mapped against CIM qualifications to apply exemptions for modules. This provides you with an opportunity to gain an industry recognised, professional qualification alongside your marketing degree.
Our academic staff have extensive experience of business and will support you to connect your learning to the realities of marketing. Your Academic Guidance Tutor will also be there to guide your learning and career development, and you’ll have access to our extensive employability events.
In preparation for your future career, you’ll develop many skills employers value, including the ability to identify and solve business problems, and communicate your ideas with impact.
- Gain an overview of business in a global context and learn the key principles of marketing communications, as well as areas of business such as management, finance and data analysis.
- Track and develop your own increasing ability to add value to organisations and build your employability by developing your academic, leadership and management skills.
- Recognise your personal strengths and weaknesses through self-assessment and reflection, and understand the role you can play in a team.
- Learn about the theories behind key marketing decisions, such as the pricing of goods and services.
- Develop your business readiness by gaining experience in project management.
- Turn your creative ideas into a reality, and learn to develop briefs and how work to timelines and restrictive budgets.
- Acquire expertise in digital marketing and social media, learning how to target consumers through innovative content.
- Explore consumer and shopper behaviour, and the strategies used to run successful integrated marketing campaigns.
- Cultivate a deeper understanding of the key areas of sales, advertising and PR in a global context, and learn how to tailor the delivery of your messages to your chosen target market.
- Demonstrate your skills with an in-depth dissertation focusing on an area of marketing of your choice.
- Study corporate strategy and explore the importance of ethics and responsible management.
The Roehampton Business School offers all students the option to apply for a one-year paid work placement.
A placement year is the perfect opportunity to implement the ‘business readiness’ skills you will learn in year one and two, whilst gaining valuable work experience.
If you successfully secure a work placement, you will develop your CV during the year, and will be provided with access to the University’s support services and regular academic guidance from the Business School.
The opportunity to make connections in your chosen industry will greatly improve your career prospects and equip you with the experience you need to secure a graduate-level job with a higher graduate salary.
The Business School will offer support in applying for placements, however a placement cannot be guaranteed.
You will be well equipped to work in a marketing role, either in a communications agency or an in-house marketing department. You could also progress to further study with us on our MSc Global Marketing.
Our careers team is available to support you from the start of your studies until after you graduate. They will help you build your CV, prepare for interviews, and meet and learn from successful graduates working at the top of their careers. You’ll also have opportunities to work with our partners across London and beyond, and to attend a Roehampton jobs fair where you can find out about graduate opportunities and meet employers.