The Roehampton MBA with placement year is designed with early career professionals in mind. It focuses on responsible leadership for sustaining competitive advantage and managing projects in a global context. It is designed to provide you with a comprehensive understanding of the main functional areas of business management such as strategy, marketing, finance and organisational change. The Roehampton MBA puts emphasis on the analysis of global organisations’ best practices and strategies and it provides the opportunity to pursue a consultancy project with either a multinational corporation or a leading SME in London.
This programme has been designed with input from successful senior managers, and will equip you with an understanding of the needs of global business. This MBA will also prepare you for the challenges of senior management within an international business environment.
The Roehampton MBA is an intensive management programme that will enhance your career in international business and related specialist areas and ensure your ‘global career readiness’. The programme is delivered by academics and practitioners that are leading experts in their field, and is characterised by quality teaching that is research informed.
The MBA is characterised by:
- A global perspective reflected in the programme content and assessment strategy.
- The opportunity to apply theory to real business situations and selected international case studies, and to compile a consultancy report.
- Learning and teaching focused on your career-readiness and addressing contemporary challenges in 21st century global businesses.
- A blended approach to teaching and learning that is technology enabled through the use of Moodle.
- A placement year to implement the skills learnt in year one.
On successful completion of your MBA you will have the knowledge, skills and confidence to lead and manage global business operations; to absorb complex information; to make difficult strategic decisions and communicate them effectively; and to lead and manage cross-cultural project teams.
As a graduate you will receive a dual award Level 7 Diploma in Strategic Management and Leadership by the Chartered Management Institute (CMI).
- You will take a placement year of two semesters (30 weeks) at the end of your first year of study.
- You will also have successfully passed your taught modules and have fulfilled 90% attendance requirement of the placement preparation programme to be eligible to access the work placement module.
- You will explore the working environment by carrying out various activities such as job search, CV and interview preparation with help with the Careers Services and the Business School in order to secure a placement.
- The career services team will work closely with the MBA team to ensure students are supported and engaged with the 40 P credit bearing Placement Module.
- The University will offer guidance and support and recommend students to interested organisations; however, it is ultimately the student’s responsibility to secure a placement.
- If you are an international student a Tier 4 visa, your CAS will have to have a course duration of two years, subject to meeting the UKVI’s standard requirements.
- During the placement period, you will undertake an internship within a partner organisation and complete a 40P credit Placement Module. The fee for the Placement year is £1500.
- The work-based placement is a 40P credit-bearing module that is graded at either Pass or Fail.
- The Placement module will comprise of workshops that will prepare you to apply for and undertake an unpaid work placement in a relevant employment environment to develop your employability and technical business management skills.
You will emerge from the Roehampton MBA with well-developed project management and global business management skills, which are highly sought after by employers in both the private and public sectors. You will be equipped to work as a manager in a multinational corporation, international SME or start your own consultancy business.