The MSc in Aerospace Engineering provides a rigorous and systematic understanding of the field, equipping you with the critical awareness and insight required to become a credible aerospace engineer.
You will be prepared in the theory and operation of aeronautical vehicles, from propeller-driven and jet-powered planes, to helicopters and gliders. This covers design, analysis, testing and flight.
Practical experience will be partly gained through your access to one of the world’s most advanced engineering flight simulators, housed within the College of Engineering.
Engineering MSc advice from our postgraduate students
WHY AEROSPACE ENGINEERING AT SWANSEA?
Aerospace Engineering at Swansea University is a globally distinguished department and its work attracts interest and engagement from far and wide.
Did you know?
- We are 3rd in the UK for Research Quality (Complete University Guide 2022)
- Aerospace Engineering at Swansea is ranked Top 10 in the UK for Graduate Prospects and 6th for student satisfaction (Complete University Guide 2022)
- 11th in the UK for Overall Satisfaction (NSS 2021)
- Aerospace Engineering at Swansea is ranked 12th in the UK (Times Good University Guide, 2021)
- Within six months of graduating, 94% of Aerospace Engineering graduates are employed or in further study (16/17 Graduates DLHE)
- Swansea University is ranked Top 300 (World University Rankings 2021)
Choosing the right Engineering postgraduate course
YOUR AEROSPACE ENGINEERING EXPERIENCE
World-class aerospace research informs high quality teaching in a state-of-the-art learning environment at Swansea University.
Maintaining some of the University’s strongest industry connections has helped us to establish a leading status in engineering development. We work with such blue chip companies such as Tata, Rolls-Royce, Airbus, BAE Systems and HP.
You can expect to benefit from close working relationships with industry experts.
Your studies will be nourished by an international community of over 500 postgraduate students and 120 research staff at the College of Engineering.
Further study support comes in the form of 24 hour access to our on-site library, advanced laboratories, a year-round programme of guest lectures, and dedicated postgraduate work rooms.
AEROSPACE ENGINEERING EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITIES
Graduates of the MSc Aerospace Engineering degree at Swansea are well positioned for rewarding employment opportunities. Your future could lie in any of the following roles:
- Aircraft Design Engineer
- Satellite Design Engineer
- Aircraft Systems Engineer
- Rocket Scientist
- Aircraft MRO Engineer
- Defence Engineer
- Airline Pilot
- High Speed Railway Engineer
- Flight Test Engineer
Careers and Employability
Swansea Employability Academy (SEA) will support you at each stage of your career journey helping you build a bright future.
Our career support services include:
- Employability workshops, employers’ talks, bespoke events and careers fairs
- Individual advice and guidance from professionally qualified Careers Advisers
- Help with finding jobs, internships, work placements and volunteering opportunities
- Access to information resources on a wide range of career management topics
- Funding to support student internship opportunities and Student Society/Club events.
We also provide help and advice for Swansea University Alumni up to two years after you graduate.
Here in the College of Engineering, we are very proud of the excellent career prospects of our Engineering graduates.
We are continually striving to improve the employability of our students, by cultivating strong relationships with graduate employers and by ensuring our students are as prepared as they can be for the world of work. Find out more about our Careers & Employability service within the College of Engineering here.