Civil Engineering at Swansea University has an excellent and far-reaching reputation. The MSc in Civil Engineering provides an advanced and systematic understanding, designed to prepare you as a credible civil engineer.
You will be trained in civil engineering analysis and design, particularly in modelling and analysis techniques – fields in which Swansea University experts fundamentally changed modern industrial practice in civil engineering.
Engineering MSc advice from our postgraduate students
WHY CIVIL ENGINEERING AT SWANSEA?
The faculty of Civil Engineering at Swansea has an established international reputation in computational engineering and its integration with civil engineering. This is largely due to pioneering the finite element methods.
Did you know?
- 6th in the UK for Career Prospects (The Guardian University Guide 2022)
- 8th in the UK for Graduate Prospects (The Complete University Guide 2022)
- 10th in the UK for Research (The Times Good University Guide 2021))
- Within six months of graduating, 97% of Civil Engineering graduates are employed or in further study (16/17 Graduate DLHE).
- Civil Engineering at Swansea a key centre for research and training in computational mechanics and engineering.
- We have pioneered many techniques used in commercial simulation software today.
Choosing the right Engineering postgraduate course
YOUR CIVIL ENGINEERING EXPERIENCE
Over the course you will develop an in-depth knowledge of traditional and modern concepts and techniques that enable robust solutions to civil engineering problems.
Cutting edge software and computational modelling will allow you to fully understand how technology is practically applied in civil engineering. Such experience will give you the confidence to apply certain strategies in a ‘real world’ industrial context.
Your studies will be nourished by an international community of over 500 postgraduate students and 120 research staff at the College of Engineering.
Further study support comes in the form of 24 hour access to our on-site library, advanced laboratories, a year-round programme of guest lectures, and dedicated postgraduate work rooms.
CIVIL ENGINEERING EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITIES
Graduates of the Civil Engineering MSc degree at Swansea are strongly positioned for rewarding opportunities. Your future could lie in any of the following roles.
- Consulting civil engineer
- Contracting civil engineer
- Site engineer
- Structural engineer
- Geotechnical engineer
- Water engineer
- Town planner
- Building services engineer
- Engineering geologist
Careers and Employability
Swansea Employability Academy (SEA) will support you at each stage of your career journey helping you build a bright future.
Our career support services include:
- Employability workshops, employers’ talks, bespoke events and careers fairs
- Individual advice and guidance from professionally qualified Careers Advisers
- Help with finding jobs, internships, work placements and volunteering opportunities
- Access to information resources on a wide range of career management topics
- Funding to support student internship opportunities and Student Society/Club events.
We also provide help and advice for Swansea University Alumni up to two years after you graduate.