Do you have strong commercial awareness and an interest in supply management in today’s global and highly competitive markets?
The MSc Management (Operations and Supply Management) programme at Swansea University is for students with a clear interest in understanding how products and services are made and distributed and learning about how this process can be improved for 21st century companies. The degree has been specifically designed with a clear focus on management in an interconnected global community.
The course offers you the opportunity to focus on modules relating to global supply chain management and project management. It also covers core management concepts such as managing financial resources, operations management, human resource management and marketing management.
Accredited by the Chartered Management Institute (CMI) the only chartered professional body in the UK dedicated to promoting the highest standards in management and leadership excellence, the course is open to students from any discipline who would like to work in business or management. Upon successful completion of the relevant mapped modules within the MSc Management you will qualify for CMI’s Level seven Certificate in Strategic Management and Leadership.
We know it’s a competitive world out there. To help you get the best from your studies and get ahead of the competition, the programme also includes an academic skills module that covers issues such as research methods.
WHY MANAGEMENT (OPERATIONS AND SUPPLY MANAGEMENT) AT SWANSEA?
- Open to applicants with no existing experience of business or management related subjects
- All modules are taught by our world-class faculty who have industrial and academic knowledge
- Professional body accreditation, which can help to accelerate your career
- Swansea is joint 1st in Wales for international ranked research (Research Excellence Framework 2014)
- Swansea is 1st in Wales for world-leading impact – 60% at 4-star level (REF 2014)
- Based in the £22 million School of Management building on the Bay campus
YOUR MANAGEMENT (OPERATIONS AND SUPPLY MANAGEMENT) EXPERIENCE
From the moment you arrive at the School of Management we will work with you to help build your skills and experience to enhance your career prospects.
You will have unlimited one to one bespoke careers advice from our dedicated careers team. You can go on a work placement or internship through the Swansea Paid Internship Network (SPIN) or the Week of Work initiative.
We have strong links with a range of high-profile organisations including Dell and Ernst and Young.
All our students benefit from co-location with industry at the innovative Bay Campus. Our facilities boast dedicated teaching space and study areas, and extensive IT facilities equipped with the latest hardware and specialist software.
MANAGEMENT (OPERATIONS AND SUPPLY MANAGEMENT) EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITIES
We have an excellent track record of placing our graduates with major multinational companies.
Your Management (Operations and Supply Management) programme, with its CMI accreditation, will give you the opportunities to work across a wide range of sectors and thrive within this competitive market.
Your next step could lie in any of these roles:
- Operations and Supply Consultant
- Business Development Manager
- Management Consultant
- Analyst or Researcher
Careers and Employability
Swansea Employability Academy (SEA) will support you at each stage of your career journey helping you build a bright future.
Our career support services include:
- Employability workshops, employers’ talks, bespoke events and careers fairs
- Individual advice and guidance from professionally qualified Careers Advisers
- Help with finding jobs, internships, work placements and volunteering opportunities
- Access to information resources on a wide range of career management topics
- Funding to support student internship opportunities and Student Society/Club events.
We also provide help and advice for Swansea University Alumni up to two years after you graduate.
The School of Management also has a dedicated in-house Employability team offering additional support.
During your time with us, you’ll have the chance to:
- Join our Employability Mentoring scheme and get mentored by an employer who can help you with the transition from student to working professional
- Get the opportunity to speak to our growing Alumni Community
- Work and network with employers from a range of national and multi-national companies through our seminars and events
- Boost your skills and meet employers during our Employability Module, which is run twice a year
- Take advantage of unlimited 1-2-1 support to develop your career experience
- Stay in touch for support for five years after you graduate