Accounting and Finance has long been a popular choice because of its excellent career prospects. This course is so closely tied into real-world professional requirements that, when you’ve successfully completed it, you’ll be exempt from exam papers from three professional accounting bodies. These include nine papers from the Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA) and six from the Chartered Institute of Management Accountants (CIMA).
Accountancy has long been a popular destination for graduates because of its excellent career prospects. The average starting salary for graduates with degrees in accounting and finance is above the national average. According to the Robert Half FTSE 100 CEO Tracker, half of the Chief Executives of Britain’s top 100 companies have a background in accountancy or financial management background.
You will enhance your expertise in decision-making about financial resources. You will also develop fresh approaches to solving problems at work by integrating knowledge from a variety of topics.
Sunderland is one of the first universities in the UK to introduce employability modules across all years of an undergraduate degree. These help you strengthen the six key attributes of being capable, enquiring, creative, enterprising, ethical and global in outlook. The modules also help you identify your strengths and aspirations, and plan for personal development.
By studying in London, you will be in a world centre of business. You will also have opportunities to build a global network of contacts as London is home to over 100,000 international students.
MODULES ON THIS COURSE INCLUDE:
LEVEL 1 (NATIONAL LEVEL 4)
- Introduction to Financial Accounting (20 Credits)
- Introduction to Management Accounting (20 Credits)
- Introduction to Business Management (20 Credits)
- Quantitative Methods for Business (20 Credits)
- Economics (20 Credits)
- Business Law (20 Credits)
LEVEL 2 (NATIONAL LEVEL 5)
- Financial Accounting (20 Credits)
- Management Accounting (20 Credits)
- Business Finance (20 Credits)
- Business Management (20 Credits)
- Business Taxation (20 Credits)
- Audit and Assurance (20 Credits)
LEVEL 3 (NATIONAL LEVEL 6)
- Business Modelling for Decision Making (20 Credits)
- Financial Management (Professional) (20 Credits)
- Strategic Management Accounting (Professional) (20 Credits)
- International Financial Reporting (Professional) (20 Credits)
- Managing Projects (20 Credits)
- Contemporary Developments in Business Management (20 Credits)