Successful advertising design depends on an understanding of marketing principles, so the integration of graphic design practice with marketing and advertising theory is at the heart of this course.
We place great emphasis on the development of the valuable transferable skills you will need when you join a creative advertising team, skills that will help you solve design problems and communicate your ideas while using your understanding of markets and branding.
From a practical point of view, you will develop expertise in a number of technical and creative areas, including drawing, lens-based media, software applications for 2D graphics, 3D modelling and motion graphics, and these will help to open up a world of opportunities in the advertising and creative industries.
WHY CHOOSE THIS COURSE?
- Learn to use your understanding of marketing and branding to support the communication of your design ideas
- Study in vibrant, lively groups using state-of-the-art studios and suites
- Develop expertise in a number of technical and creative areas, including drawing, lens-based media, software applications for 2D graphics, 3D modelling and motion graphics
- Gain theoretical and practical knowledge through a carefully structured programme of integrated learning
- Explore your own personal creative development through committed one-to-one contact with your tutors
- Challenge yourself in team-working activities by solving problems and presenting ideas
- Benefit from opportunities to use the latest techniques in design for new communication technologies, motion graphic, digital and animation drawing
Employability skills are integrated into the course and provide you with an awareness of the real-world context of the creative industries in general and Advertising and Branding Design in particular. You will be helped to develop a strategy for obtaining appropriate employment at the end of your course.
Professional practice will be emphasised as part of all learning units but a work-related learning unit especially will help you to become more focused on managing your career. You will be helped with the preparation of a professional portfolio; including a CV (curriculum vitae) and social media skills needed to promote yourself in a social mediated art and design world.
Typical graduate destinations for Advertising and Branding Design students include: various roles within arts and the creative industries magazine and book publishing, multi-media/web design, animation, television and video, advertising, public or community arts participation, design consultancies, museum and exhibition work, arts education and freelance creative practice, teaching.
Further study at Masters level, for example, Advertising and Branding Design, Digital Media and Motion Graphics.