BA (Hons) Advertising and Brand Design investigates how contemporary advertising and branding are being transformed by digital technologies. We develop brand communication, social media content, marketing strategy and interactive experience, alongside more traditional advertising campaigns.
Our students utilise emerging communication platforms to tell visual stories that bring products and services to life in new and exciting ways. They learn how to understand a creative problem, and develop engaging solutions via experiences that evolve across multiple platforms and interactions. They create brand communication, identity systems, social media content, marketing strategy and interactive experience through outcomes that might include apps, digital film, augmented and virtual reality, online media, software platforms and mobile games alongside more traditional communication formats. Their ability to frame zeitgeist and initiate culture ensures that their skills are in high demand by the UK’s world leading creative businesses.
Graduates from this course are ideally positioned to take their place within rapidly expanding areas of the creative industries. They work as creative directors, copywriters, digital designers, strategists, brand communicators, creative technologists and social media content creators.
Top reasons to apply for this course
- Live project unit
- Outstanding industry contacts
- Excellent job opportunities
- Forward thinking
- Created in tangent with industry
- Linking creativity & skills
Key study topics
- Online advertising and campaigns
- Cross media concepts and developments
- Design innovation and user experience (UX)
- The digital image, manipulation and experimentation
- Social media campaigns, augmented reality (AR) and virtual reality (VR)