The inclusion of specialist business modules in the field of healthcare will also help you prepare for a career specifically in this sector.
During this programme you will gain expert understanding in a number of business areas, including business finance, management, marketing and operations management, designed to help lay the foundations of a successful management career. Modules contained within the degree will also help you to develop the entrepreneurial skills needed if you found and run your own business.
Pathway specific modules allow you to prepare for a career in healthcare management. These modules introduce you to the provision of healthcare and the different forms this can take, together with exploring how it should be funded. You will then have an opportunity to explore effective management and leadership in a healthcare context, together with exploring how to be entrepreneurial.
- Quantitative Methods for Business
- Marketing Theory and Practice
- Financial Concepts of Business
- Management Concepts
- People Management
- Operations Management
- Business Environment
- Organisational Behaviour
- Principles of Innovation and Entrepreneurship
- Management Information Systems
- The Healthcare Sector: Provision, Policy and Funding
- Strategic Management
- Workforce Management
- Professional Communication
- Managing and Leading in the Healthcare Sector
- Entrepreneurship and Social Enterprise in the Healthcare Sector