Opis tego kierunku w języku polskim znajdziesz tutaj:
This flexible course enables you to sample different subject areas before selecting your field of interest. It is therefore ideal if you have a passion for Biological Sciences, but are unsure of which area of study to specialise in.
This course gives a sound grounding in biology. It will enable you to specialise in your chosen field of interest for the remainder of the course. After a common first term of study you can choose one of the following pathways and tailor your degree accordingly.
- Biomedical Sciences
- Biochemistry and Microbiology
- Environmental Biology
- Physiology and Pharmacology.
You might also be interested in BSc (Hons) Ecology and Conservation.
Why choose this course?
- Our Environmental Biology pathway is accredited by The Chartered Institute of Ecology and Environmental Management.
- The amount of practical work is very high and includes regular field trips for environmental biology.
- You will have the option to take a work placement after year two. This is facilitated by our dedicated Placement Office.
- NTU is third in the UK for bioscience students on year-long work placements (HESA 2017/18).
- You will benefit from our excellent links with industry, which include companies such as GlaxoSmithKline and the NHS.
Careers and employability
Our graduates are highly sought after by employers because they leave the course with:
- extensive practical experience
- a strong background in scientific investigation and analysis.
Recent graduate salaries range from £16,000 – £30,000 per year in the following roles and companies:
- Queens Medical Centre – technical officer (apprentice)
- Nottingham City Hospital – biomedical scientist
- IMF – lab technician
- South East Water (Scientific Services) – cryptosporidium analyst
- Alere – research microbiology
- Chesterfield Royal Hospital – biomedical scientist
- Scientech Analytical Service – microbiology lab technician
- University Hospitals of Leicester – research laboratory technician
- Astra Zeneca – integrated pharmacologist
- Sterigenics – lab technician
- Loughborough University – research assistant in ecology.
Many graduates choose to undertake further study on one of our courses or MPhil and PhD research degrees.
Excellent placement opportunities
You will have the opportunity to undertake a year’s work placement in industry after the second year. This will give you the chance to gain vital experience. You will also be able to put your knowledge into practice.
Recent Bioscience students have secured placements in the following companies:
- Eurofins / Agrisearch
- Royal Devon and Exeter Hospital
- John van Geest Cancer Research Centre