Opis tego kierunku w języku polskim znajdziesz tutaj:
These exciting new four year MBiol courses combine course material and content from undergraduate and postgraduate levels, giving you a Masters-level qualification.
Why choose this course?
If you have drive and ambition to progress into a professional scientific career in industry or academia or onto a PhD, then this course is ideal for you. It provides tailored knowledge, technical skills and research expertise to help you stand out in the jobs market.
On this course you will:
- develop the practical skills employers are looking for with a project in your third year and a year-long project in your final year
- work with our internationally renowned experts – they will supervise and review your research projects
- get a Masters-level qualification – your research project will be assessed and moderated using Masters-level criteria and your final year modules will be of Masters level.
- become work-ready – you have the option of a 12 month work placement in the third year, which can build upon your practical experience and is often paid.
- NTU is in the top 20 universities in the UK for biological science – The Times and Sunday Times University Guide 2019.
Careers and employability
As well as the Masters-level practical laboratory skills, this course will equip you with transferable skills in critical analysis and understanding, qualities and attributes necessary for a wide range of careers in industry, commerce, teaching, and research.
You will be well placed to pursue positions in the pharmaceutical and biotechnology industry and the majority of biological science related disciplines.
Our recent biochemistry graduates have gone into a wide range of industries and fields including:
- hospitals (clinical analysis)
- university research departments (laboratory technicians)
- agriculture (plant biotechnology)
- food institutes and companies
- industrial laboratories (quality control)
- government administration (adviser for science policies).
Recent graduates have gone onto work in the following roles and companies:
- Eurofins – sample registration technician
- Nottingham City Hospital – medical laboratory assistant
- Nova Laboratory – biochemist
- Severn Trent Services – laboratory technician.
Excellent placement opportunities
After Year Two, you have the opportunity to undertake a one years’ work placement in industry, including overseas options. This will give you the chance to gain vital experience and put your knowledge into practice.
You will be assessed throughout the year and will be required to write a reflective report and diary. On completion of a successful placement, you will be eligible to receive an additional award: the Placement Diploma in Professional Practice.
Recent Biochemistry students have secured placements in the following companies:
- Royal Society for the Protection of Birds
- Royal Devon and Exeter Hospital
- John van Geest Cancer Research Centre
- Health Protection Agency
- Centre de Biologie et de Pathologie
- Scott Bader
- British American Tobacco
- National Institute Medical Research.