Careers in broadcasting are among some of the most exciting out there, and this course will give you experience of fast-moving, live broadcast environments that will be hard to beat.
From live radio, to on-air TV studio work, by the time you graduate you will have done it all, working alongside industry professionals in a realistic, hi-tech broadcast environment.
Learn essential skills as you work on live projects, as well as studying key themes and issues in TV and radio. Experience radio production, feature-making and on-air news; using our radio station – Radio LaB 97.1fm – and online TV channel throughout your course.
WHY CHOOSE THIS COURSE?
- Learn from industry practitioners, in a realistic broadcast environment
- Study key themes and issues in TV and radio, including law and ethics, as you hone your practical skills
- Develop production skills to open up opportunities in the television industry – graduates of this course go on to production and technical jobs in television, film and new media, radio, commercial and corporate sectors of the industry
- Gain on-air experience on the University’s radio station and TV channel
- Explore your ideas for creative projects
- Benefit from a degree which has seen former students secure jobs on high-profile shows including: Britain’s Got Talent, The X Factor, Masterchef Australia, The Door, Family Food Fight, Britain’s Best Dish, Ideal World Shopping Channel, Comic Relief, Dancing on Ice, Peep Show, Derren Brown, The Real Hustle and Supernanny
Presentations by practitioners, regular input from the careers service during all levels of your study (starting during induction week, concluding during the workshops for the year 3 project), as well as specifically designed practical units will help you be ready for your career.
You will have opportunities to volunteer for extra-curricular and co-curricular events, through the Media Junction production company to work on practical projects for the University and external clients.
You will meet industry professionals through our networking events and get involved in University events such as conferences, festivals, degree shows, and open days, which will lead you to membership of our Professional Leadership Academy.