The Applied Mechanical Engineering top-up degree is designed to enhance your existing engineering skills and qualifications and in turn, your career.
- Qualified mechanical engineers are in great demand. Successful completion of this honours degree could open up a wide range of careers in many engineering disciplines and prepare you to apply for further postgraduate study. The course is aimed at those who have chosen a more vocational route and have a Foundation Degree, DipHE, HND or equivalent in engineering.
- We aim to help you build upon and ‘top up’ your previous qualification and experience with activity-led, hands-on learning, giving you the opportunity to further develop your engineering and mathematical knowledge, understanding, management and analysis skills in a professional manner to problem solve engineering problems.
- You will have the chance to practice your learning through defining, analysing and solving case studies and a research inspired individual project.
- Upon successful completion, you will top-up your existing qualifications to an honours degree level through a course that has been specially developed to take into account the mechanical and mathematical science and experience you have already gained through your existing qualifications.
Why you should study this course
The BSc Applied Mechanical Engineering top-up degree aims to provide you with a practical, industrially relevant, hands-on experience which is based on the understanding and development of traditional and research inspired engineering and mathematical science and technology.
The degree provides a rigorous balance of academic knowledge and development. Upon successful completion, the course should provide you with the skills needed to solve engineering problems through analysis and critical evaluation, using professional engineering, design and management tools.
We will support you to learn and adopt working practices that are professional and innovative in manner where there is an awareness of fundamental theoretical and analytical approaches to problem solving. Successful completion of this degree should also give you good grounding to develop the highly scientific, numerical, analytical, practical and problem solving skills that are sought within the engineering sector and other diverse fields such as managerial and finance and beyond.
You will have the opportunity to access and benefit from a wide range of teaching and research facilities. We currently have strong links with major international and national potential employers and our current teaching staff are experienced professionals that are industry and/or research active in their fields.
What you’ll study
The course is designed for you to learn and develop a comprehensive understanding of the mechanical, materials and mathematical (analytical) sciences; approaches to design and product lifecycle; and managerial procedures that provide a basis for working professionally and effectively.
The top-up degree is composed of a number of linked modules that are delivered over the academic year. A major component of the degree is the individual project, which is bespoke in design and allows you to put into practice and further develop the skills that they have learnt in the modules. The individual project is practical in nature and based on a research inspired engineering problem with a professional approach.
How you’ll learn
We place an emphasis on Activity-Led Learning, and you will be supported throughout with our comprehensive student support.
Teaching methods may include:
- Extended laboratories and workshops
- Industrial and design case studies within activity-led tutorials, seminars and traditional lectures
This course consists of five 20-credit modules (composed of 200 hours teaching each) and two 10-credit modules (composed of 100 hours teaching each).
You should typically have around 12-15 hours of contact time per week. Your contact time will vary depending on your background knowledge (at the start of the module) and learning style and the requirements of the module. As you work through the modules, it will be explained that some modules allow you to spend more time working through your coursework and will reflect the support and guidance you will be given towards this.
This course will be assessed using a variety of methods which could vary depending upon the module. Assessment methods include coursework and examinations.
The Coventry University Group assessment strategy ensures that our courses are fairly assessed and allows us to monitor student progression towards the achieving the intended learning outcomes.
Successful completion of this course will top-up your existing qualifications to BSc Honours degree level. You should also gain the engineering and mathematical, managerial, academic and practical skills that are relevant to current engineering sectors.
International experience opportunities
You should have exposure to a wide community of engineering professionals and thinking across all modules.
Zobacz więcej na stronie uniwersytetu >>
Wiza studencka do Wielkiej Brytanii
Aby studiować w Wielkiej Brytanii potrzebujesz wizy studenckiej. Aby złożyć wniosek o taką wizę studencką musisz zdjać certyfikat językowy na poziomie B2.
Uważaj! Do celów wizowych musisz wybrać wyłącznie egzamin w wesji Secure English Language Test (SELT) UKVI .
Co to jest test SELT UK VI registration? Przeczytaj więcej o testach SELT UKVI >>