Computer science and software engineering are central to the success of many of today’s commercial and industrial activities, and this course shares its first year with a number of other relevant BSc degrees, and then offers the opportunity for specialist study in the second and third stages.
Particular emphasis is put on learning about the entire software development life cycle and the production of high quality systems using object-oriented methods.
You will gain detailed knowledge of areas such as internet programming, database applications, artificial intelligence and networking, and after completing a final stage project you may have the chance to undertake further advanced research.
WHY CHOOSE THIS COURSE?
- Learn about the entire software development life cycle and the production of high quality systems using object-oriented methods
- Study with committed, like-minded students in dedicated laboratories and classrooms
- Develop your professionalism as you choose the career path you wish to take
- Gain detailed knowledge of areas such as internet programming, database applications, artificial intelligence and networking
- Explore the highly sought-after practical skills you will need to make a success of your career
- Challenge yourself with a final stage project which will enable you to study your specialism in greater depth
- Benefit from teaching by staff who have a strong academic research backgrounds and are also actively engaged in knowledge transfer
The course will equip you to develop the intellectual and pragmatic skills needed to develop quality software artefacts that not only function, and meet client requirements, but also fit within the pragmatic constraints.
Recent graduates have obtained a variety of graduate trainee positions both in industry and the public sector, with good prospects for further promotion in a competitive job market.
Initially, you are likely to gain roles such as a trainee skilled practitioner with the prospect for later progression leading to posts of responsibility supervising work within a team-based development and support settings within industrial and commercial settings.