A skills shortage in the electronic engineering industry means that this course offers you the chance to acquire valuable expertise and establish yourself in a highly rewarding career.
You will use your existing engineering background, digital signal processing and embedded programming skills on a course that is structured to allow you to explore advanced computer and electronic engineering techniques.
You will then be able to apply these techniques to solve real-world engineering problems and develop your communication and team-working skills.
Accredited by the Institution of Engineering and Technology (IET) on behalf of the Engineering Council for the purposes of fully meeting the academic requirement for registration as an Incorporated Engineer and partly meeting the academic requirement for registration as a Chartered Engineer.
- Learn to use advanced computer techniques to solve engineering problems relating to analysis, design, implementation and testing
- Study the theory and practicalities of project management and successful team working
- Develop your existing engineering background, digital signal processing and embedded programming skills
- Gain hands-on experience in the use of the software and hardware toolkits commonly used by electric and electronic engineers
- Work with your fellow students to explore possible equality and diversity issues in the industry
- Challenge your knowledge and skills with involvement in real-world R&D projects
- Benefit from links with our influential local and regional industry partners