The construction industry is one of the UK’s most important economic drivers, and this course will equip you with the skills you need to build a successful career in the industry.
A number of different teaching and learning methods are used, including an Honours project.
This course is aimed at students progressing from level 5 qualification such as Foundation Degree or HND and wish to gain a full degree.
WHY CHOOSE THIS COURSE?
This dynamic course provides you with essential skills that the current industry is expecting from the construction management graduates and instils the work ethic as well as transferable skills.
The course is comprised of five units, which cover the areas ranging from the policies and new technologies that influence construction through to project management methodology.
- Learn about construction economics, contract, procurement and risk management, project management and policy development
- Study on a carefully structured five unit course that covers both practical and theoretical subjects
- Develop your understanding of the new technologies that are changing the face of the construction industry
- Gain an understanding of the government and EU policies and regulations that effect the industry
- Explore the limits of your abilities in our state-of-art teaching facilities
- Challenge yourself to complete Level 6 which will allow you to take up a post-graduate course
- Benefit from self-selected project-based learning with an assigned Supervisor who will provide guidance and encouragement as you work
This course is taught by experienced professionals with focus on practical elements and industry requirements while guest lecturers visit to share their experience.
You will be encouraged to attend specialist seminars and trade shows to keep up to date with current developments in the industry.
By presenting your research and analysis you will also develop your presentation and communication skills, deemed to be essential by the industry.