We’re living in a digital age, and while this technology and connectivity gives us so many benefits, it also means hackers and cyberterrorists have more opportunities than ever before to sabotage institutions, businesses, and even individuals.
This programme is developed in partnership with a range of national and international organisations, including Deloitte UK, Airbus, BT, and Rolls-Royce, ensuring you learn about the issues at the forefront of the sector.
Teaching is delivered by our expert staff at the Cyber Technology Institute, which has been named as an NCSC Academic Centre of Excellence in Cyber Security Research thanks to its pioneering research in incident response and cyber threat intelligence, industrial control systems and sociotechnical security.
Our Cyber Technology MSc course consists of five main themes –Artificial Intelligence, Cyber Security, Digital Forensics, Software Engineering, and Management. It can be studied by combining modules from all five categories, allowing you to specialise in your chosen area of interest. Alternatively, you have the opportunity to choose mixed pathways, for example the choices of modules could lead to a degree in Cyber Security with Management.
The National Cyber Security Centre – part of GCHQ – has fully certified our MSc in Cyber Technology and MSc in Cyber Security in recognition of their excellence in providing students with a broad foundation of skills.
- DMU has been named a gold standard ‘Academic Centre of Excellence in Cyber Security Education’ by the leading authority on cyber security in the UK, the National Cyber Security Centre (NCSC) – part of GCHQ. DMU is the first university in the East Midlands to achieve this prestigious status.
- Develop the skills required for a rapidly evolving sector and learn the techniques to be able to work in one of the most fast-paced areas of computing.
- Study a programme that’s been developed in conjunction with industry experts. Our modules are created with input from Deloitte UK, Airbus, BT, and Rolls-Royce, which allows you to explore and study real-life issues relevant to industry.
- Access to our dedicated Cyber Security Centre, which features computer security and forensics laboratories, will give you the opportunity to work in industry standard facilities and allow you to develop and enhance your skills in digital forensics.
- You’ll be taught by expert academics from our Cyber Security Centre and Software Technology Research Laboratory, many of whom are recognised leaders in the cyber security domain.
- Tailor your learning to your area of interest and select modules from Artificial Intelligence, Cyber Security, Cyber Technology, Digital Forensics and Software Engineering, allowing you to specialise in the areas of the course you are most interested in.
- We help our graduates to be prepared for roles such as consultancy, software houses or project management within organisations that are cyber security specialists. This includes areas such as law enforcement, government, commercial IT departments and security consultancies.
Structure and assessment
- Legal, Ethical and Professional Practice and Research Methods
- MSc Project/Dissertation
- Foundations of Cyber Security
- Cyber Threat Intelligence
- Host and Network Security
- Penetration Testing and Incident Response
- Cyber Engineering
- Digital Forensics Principles and Practice
- Information Assurance Architecture – InfoSec
- Information Security Management Principles – InfoSec
- Information Risk Management – InfoSec
- Malware Analysis
- Advanced Research Topics in Cyber Technology
- Internet of Things
- Software Quality Assurance and Testing
- Requirements Analysis and Cloud-based System Design
- Critical Systems
- High Assurance System Design
- Modern Programming Techniques
- Semantic Technologies
- Alternative Operating Systems Forensics
- Current Issues for Practitioners
- Network Security and Ethical Hacking 1 – 7safe
- Network Security and Ethical Hacking 2 – 7safe
- Wireless Security – 7safe
- Forensic Tools and Processes – Forensic Investigations – 7safe
- Applied Forensics – Malware Investigation – 7safe
- Advanced Forensics and Incident Response – 7safe
- Security Strategy and Standards – 7safe
- Agile Project Management
- Business Continuity Management – InfoSec
- Responsible Research and Innovation in ICT
Facilities and features
The Cyber Security Laboratories are among the best equipped facilities of this type in the UK. Developed in consultation with leaders in the industry, they are designed to meet the highest forensics and security standards.
The laboratories contain 65 high-spec, specially customised PCs configured with multiple operating systems, virtualisation and removable hard drives, as well as specialised servers, wired and wireless networking equipment and a wide variety of other hardware and software components.
Cyber Security Centre
The laboratories are also the base for our Cyber Security Centre (CSC), a multidisciplinary group of academics and industry experts who focus on a wide variety of cyber security and digital forensics issues. Their mission is to provide the full benefits to all of a safe, secure and resilient cyberspace.
The laboratories play a vital role in the group’s research and development work. Whether you are a first year undergraduate or a PhD student, within the laboratories you will be working with the latest tools and techniques at the forefront of computer forensics and security research.
Our Learning Zones and the The Greenhouse also provide space for group or individual work and study.
There are 1,600 study places across all library locations, more than 700 computer stations, laptops to borrow, free wi-fi and desktop power outlets.
You can also book rooms with plasma screens, laptops and DVD facilities for group work and presentations, secure an individual study room with adjustable lighting or make use of our assistive technology.
The main Kimberlin Library is open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year (other than in exceptional circumstances) and offers a huge range of online resources, all of which can be remotely accessed from anywhere you choose.
The library is run by dedicated staff who offer additional support to students, including help with academic writing, research strategies, literature searching and reference management and assistive technology, and mathematical skills for non-maths students. There is also a Just Ask service for help and advice, available via email or telephone.
Opportunities and careers
This is our innovative international experience programme which aims to enrich your studies and expand your cultural horizons – helping you to become a global graduate, equipped to meet the needs of employers across the world.
Through #DMUglobal, we offer a wide range of opportunities including on-campus and UK activities, overseas study, internships, faculty-led field trips and volunteering, as well as Erasmus+ and international exchanges.
Graduates are prepared for positions in consultancies, software houses or project management. They are also likely to be employed as cyber security specialists within law enforcement, government or other related agencies, in commercial IT departments or security consultancies, or in other computing positions where cyber security is an issue. Graduates can also undertake further study towards a doctoral or PhD degree.
Zobacz więcej na stronie uniwersytetu >>
Wiza studencka do Wielkiej Brytanii
Aby studiować w Wielkiej Brytanii potrzebujesz wizy studenckiej. Aby złożyć wniosek o taką wizę studencką musisz zdjać certyfikat językowy na poziomie B2.
Uważaj! Do celów wizowych musisz wybrać wyłącznie egzamin w wesji Secure English Language Test (SELT) UKVI .
Co to jest test SELT UK VI registration? Przeczytaj więcej o testach SELT UKVI >>