Opis tego kierunku w języku polskim znajdziesz tu>>
This flexible new joint honours BSc programme will enable you to combine technically demanding yet applications-oriented skills in economics with strong quantitative skills in mathematics and statistics. The programme will give you the knowledge and skills you need for professions requiring a combination of economic literacy and quantitative skills. It is also particularly suitable if you want to proceed to technically oriented Master’s programmes in economics and finance.
The programme is broadly aimed at two groups: students of economics who wish to complement their study of economics with a higher level of quantitative skills in mathematics and statistics; and students of mathematics who wish to apply their mathematical skills to economics and finance. You can choose from a wide range of option modules and tailor your programme to graduate with either a BSc Economics and Mathematics or a BSc Economics with Mathematics, depending on your personal interests and career aspirations.
A key feature of the programme is that, if you need to improve your Level 3 mathematics skills, you can transfer to the programme – usually after a year – after brushing up your skills on our BSc Economics, or Financial Economics, or Mathematics and Statistics.
This programme is also available for.
- The Department of Economics, Mathematics and Statistics brings together research and teaching in economics, finance, mathematics and statistics in a single department which creates significant interdisciplinary synergies.
- We have an excellent reputation for the quality of our teaching, providing training for employers such as the Treasury and the Bank of England.
- In the 2014 Research Excellence Framework (REF), more than half of our research outputs in Economics were ranked world-leading or internationally excellent.
- You will be taught by academics who are professional practitioners in the world of economics and international finance, who provide specialist advice and in-house training for government departments and City firms and banks.
- The research of our academics, many of whom are recognised as world-class experts in their fields, feeds directly into our teaching programmes. As a student you can be certain that your tutors are actively working to extend the boundaries of knowledge.