Opis tego kierunku w języku polskim znajdziesz tutaj:
Understand the past through a range of skills and approaches and share your passion for English with a degree designed to enhance, interrogate and challenge your understanding.
This degree enables you to shape your study according to your strengths, interests and career ambitions. Combining these two subjects gives your degree an industry perspective that will make you stand out in the graduate employment market.
Our course combinations are designed so that what you learn in one subject will complement and enhance what you learn in the other. In your final year you can choose either to split your time evenly between your two subjects, or to specialise in one. Our flexible curriculum has been designed to create some amazing opportunities for you too. Your second year of study is divided into two semesters that enables you to take part in optional work placements or go on an international exchange.
By choosing English and History you’ll enjoy the freedom to choose from a wide range of optional modules, depending on your own preferences and interests. English literature has always closely reflected key historical events and by combining these two subjects you’ll be exposed to an exciting international mix of authentic and fictional voices.
- This degree offers work placement opportunities.
- 90% of History joint honours students would recommend studying at NTU (NSS 2018).
- 95% student satisfaction rate for English studies (NSS 2018).
- Our English studies courses are in the UK’s Top 10 for student satisfaction (NSS 2018).
- 92% of English and History graduates are in work or further study within just six months of finishing their degree (DLHE 2016 /17).
Careers and employability
This is a major part of the curriculum. Key transferable skills are emphasised and there are opportunities to develop links with organisations and potential employers. Joint honours courses develop a wide range of skills. These include written and oral communication skills, critical analysis and a variety of IT skills. But you’ll also become more self-motivated, be able to work independently and in teams, and develop excellent time management skills.
Our recent English and History Joint Honours graduates have gone onto careers in:
- Local Government – teacher (secondary English)
- Barclays International – analyst
- Vision Twentyone – social research interviewer
- Lightdragon Ltd
- Food Network UK – content producer
- Frank Haslam Milan (FHM) – PR and marketing coordinator
- The Army – army officer training.
Other careers could include:
- heritage management
- journalism and recruitment.
Many graduates also choose to undertake further study on one of our Master’s-level courses or MPhil and PhD research degrees.