This is a course in English language teaching (ELT) leading to a professional qualification (TEFLi status), that offers you an opportunity to develop basic skills in language and teaching and learning. No previous teaching experience is required.
You can choose to study as an intensive summer course over one month or as a part-time evening course over one year.
You will gain hands-on practical training in the major areas of ELT such as teaching techniques, classroom management and materials development and develop your knowledge of various aspects of the English language.
WHY CHOOSE THIS COURSE?
- Learn basic skills in English language teaching, enabling you to apply for work as a conversational English teacher
- Study hands-on in a classroom setting
- Develop your understanding of the English language
- Gain skills in self-assessment and critical self-evaluation
- Explore creativity, initiative and innovation in language teaching
- Challenge yourself to develop new skills that gives you employment opportunities all over the world
- Benefit from a course that also teaches you generic and vocational skills such as effective working in teams, meeting time deadlines and communicating clearly
People who have successfully completed this course are teaching in schools, colleges and language institutions in many countries across the world as well as in the UK.
The Certificate in ELT may also lead to our postgraduate study, in particular to the MA in Applied Linguistics (TEFL) and the MA in ELT Management, provided that you fulfil the necessary requirements of those Postgraduate courses.