The Global Business Top Up BA (Hons) offers you a comprehensive introduction to the business world by considering how business operates and is successful locally and globally.
- You are encouraged to think like a manager from the offset by enhancing your knowledge and skills, making you more attractive to future employers.
- You have the opportunity to gain a holistic understanding of management through core subjects such as strategy, marketing, finance, sustainability, project management, entrepreneurship and human resource management.
Why you should study this course
The Global Business top-up course BA (Hons) is a business top up degree, with the unique opportunity for students to choose a two-year, full-time option.
The course is designed to:
- offer you a high-quality and highly flexible degree programme in global business, which helps a wide range of students from diverse backgrounds across the globe to progress in that area.
- offer you a degree qualification that is academically robust and vocationally relevant that will allow you to develop both personally and professionally in your future careers within a global context.
- develop you as career-ready, globally aware graduate with management, communication, numerical and information technology skills.
- develop you, as a graduate, with the ability to reflect and learn from your experience and relate this experience to theory.
- develop you, as a graduate, who has a critical and reflective understanding of business and its relationship within the wider global business environment.
How you’ll learn
We use a combination of teaching methods including lectures, guest lectures, group and individual project work, student-led seminars (subject to availability). Aula will be used to provide supportive material and to communicate with you via announcements. (Please note, the online Learning Platform provider may be subject to change.)
Our teaching and learning on the course is designed to give you strong academic knowledge of key theories and concepts. You can demonstrate your critical appraisal of current and relevant research in the subject area. You will also have the opportunity to apply the theory and concepts to current practice through using real-life scenarios, case studies and a variety of class activities.
The course will also give you the opportunity to develop and demonstrate your essential analytical skills and respond to employer-related problems by making a set of clearly evaluated recommendations. You will be assigned a personal tutor to support your study progress throughout the programme.
Tutors will assess your progress through the modules. We use a combination of teaching approaches including lectures, guest lectures, group and individual project work, student-led seminars, specialist inputs from support services (subject to availability).
We take a holistic approach to assessments with an aim to help you to become more critical, confident and independent. This programme is assessed through a mixture of seminar and workshop activities, presentations, written assignments, individual submissions and group works.
The university may deliver certain contact hours and assessments via emerging online technologies and methods across all courses. In response to the COVID-19 pandemic, we are prepared for courses due to start in or after the 2020/2021 academic year to be delivered in a variety of forms. The form of delivery will be determined in accordance with Government and Public Health guidance. Whether on campus or online, our key priority is staff and student safety.
Due to the ongoing restrictions relating to COVID-19, some facilities (including some teaching and learning spaces) and some non-academic offerings (particularly in relation to international experiences), may vary from those advertised and may have reduced availability or restrictions on their use.
On successful completion of this course, you will:
- understand and apply core business functions and processes in the global context.
- develop the knowledge, skills and experience necessary to manage people, physical and financial resources.
- evaluate and provide data to make informed business management decisions and manage complex strategic and management issues of global and local businesses.
- be equipped with investigative and analytical skills to examine the impact of risk on global companies.
- develop the international management competencies required to operate in multicultural environment and diverse community.
- be able to appraise, critically analyse and apply contemporary theories to real-world scenarios.
- be able to analyse specific global business situations and identify areas of good practice and use creative solutions.
Wiza studencka do Wielkiej Brytanii
Aby studiować w Wielkiej Brytanii potrzebujesz wizy studenckiej. Aby złożyć wniosek o taką wizę studencką musisz zdjać certyfikat językowy na poziomie B2.
Uważaj! Do celów wizowych musisz wybrać wyłącznie egzamin w wesji Secure English Language Test (SELT) UKVI .
Co to jest test SELT UK VI registration? Przeczytaj więcej o testach SELT UKVI >>