Opis tego kierunku w języku polskim znajdziesz tu>>
If you want to enter the legal profession or work in a law-related career, but have a non-law degree, the Graduate Diploma in Law (GDL) is ideal for you.
Also known as the Common Professional Examination (CPE), this course will give you the legal skills and knowledge you need to meet the academic requirements of the Solicitors Regulation Authority, Bar Standards Board, and the Institute for Legal Executives.
With this qualification, you can enter the vocational stage of training to become a solicitor, barrister or legal executive.
WHY GRADUATE DIPLOMA IN LAW AT SWANSEA?
As a postgraduate student on a professional programme at the Hillary Rodham Clinton School of Law, you will be part of a globally recognised law school, with a thriving academic environment committed to excellence in teaching, and offering an exceptional student experience.
- The Diploma meets the academic requirements of the Solicitors Regulation Authority, Bar Standards Board and the Institute for Legal Executives, so you can progress to the vocational stage of training as a solicitor, barrister, or legal executive.
YOUR GRADUATE DIPLOMA IN LAW EXPERIENCE
- The GDL is a full-time, 36-week, intensive course designed to help you gain sound legal knowledge in the areas of law known as the ‘Foundations of Law’, plus one additional area of law.
- Before the course starts, you will have two weeks of directed reading at home on the English Legal System and the principles of legal scholarship.
- The induction period includes a short block of lectures and seminars on the English Legal System and gaining legal skills.
- You will learn the foundation subjects of Contract Law, Law of Tort, Public Law, Equity & Trusts, Land Law, Criminal Law, and European Union Law through lectures and seminars.
- You will study a further legal subject through a supervised research project.
GRADUATE DIPLOMA IN LAW EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITIES
Non-law graduates now make up about 50% of all new lawyers, as employers recognise they bring a fresh perspective to the profession.
Our GDL satisfies all the academic requirements to enable you to enter the vocational stage of training as a solicitor, barrister or legal executives.
It can also improve your career prospects in many other law-related roles, so you could find opportunities as:
- Advice worker
- Barrister’s clerk
- Chartered accountant
- Chartered legal executive
- Civil servant
- Company secretary
- Licensed conveyancer
- Patent attorney
- Trading standards officer