This degree gives you a sound base in biology and biochemistry. You will understand how the human body functions in health and disease, and be aware of the latest advances in the field of human bioscience. You also develop your understanding and ability to discuss the ethical issues surrounding technical advances such as the genomics-based healthcare revolution and the impact of bio-industries on the environment, particularly the development of genetically engineered organisms.
From the first year, you explore enterprise within the biosciences, ranging from biotech start-ups to ‘big pharma’ and including the socio-economic impact of advances in areas such as biotechnology and medicine. A key focus is following how modern discoveries and innovations in bioscience lead to changes when it comes to practice, products and services.
Why choose this course?
- Study a degree that brings together biosciences, human health and the food sector
- Develop a range of practical laboratory skills and techniques relevant to employment within the biological sciences
- Study with an academic team with established research expertise in areas across biomedicine, biochemistry, immunology, microbiology, genomics and bioinformatics
- Gain work experience through the Life Sciences Liaison Board, which has strong links to a network of industry and practice organisations
- Benefit from our academic collaborations with the University’s Schools and Research Institutes as well as with external institutions and organisations
- After graduation, choose from a range of careers including in government agencies; the healthcare sector; social services; food-science and other bio-based industries
We value real-world experience to prepare you for life beyond university, which is why we’ve forged connections with thousands of companies locally, nationally and internationally. Through our placements, you can gain that all-important practical experience whilst you complete your course.
From volunteering, internships and placements, through to a fee free year in industry, we offer a whole host of opportunities to enhance your employability.
Wiza studencka do Wielkiej Brytanii
Aby studiować w Wielkiej Brytanii potrzebujesz wizy studenckiej. Aby złożyć wniosek o taką wizę studencką musisz zdjać certyfikat językowy na poziomie B2.
Uważaj! Do celów wizowych musisz wybrać wyłącznie egzamin w wesji Secure English Language Test (SELT) UKVI .
Co to jest test SELT UK VI registration? Przeczytaj więcej o testach SELT UKVI >>