This course takes in the full scope of contemporary illustration practice from craft-based techniques and drawing to digital and sequential moving image-based work. It ensures you develop the drawing, photography and digital-media skills you need for a career in areas such as film, animation, music video, advertising, publishing, video games and app design.
Working in small, lively, creative groups, you study a cluster of design courses including Animation and Graphic Design, with units covering materials and methods; studio practice; context and ideas; thinking through making; collaborative partnerships; and the critical and creative background to modern design.
WHY CHOOSE THIS COURSE?
- Work in spacious, well-equipped studios and benefit from high-spec facilities in digital media, motion graphics, bookmaking, stop motion, risograph printing and screen printing
- Gain skills and confidence with regular one-to-one contact with industry-experienced teaching staff and excellent technical support
- Explore the changing role of the designer and design in society so you can challenge current social, political and environmental thinking in your work
- Develop skills in creative problem solving, collaboration and entrepreneurship
- Take the course over four years and benefit from a year’s placement in industry, building your experience and making contacts for the future
- If you need to step up into higher education, start with a Foundation Year which gives you guaranteed entry to the undergraduate course
Typical graduate destinations for Art and Design students include; various roles within arts and the creative industries – magazine and book publishing, multi-media/web design, animation, television and video, advertising, public or community arts participation, design consultancies, museum and exhibition work, arts education and freelance creative practice, teaching.
You can also undertake further study at Masters level, for example, Illustration, Graphic Design, Animation, Digital Media and Motion Graphics.
Wiza studencka do Wielkiej Brytanii
Aby studiować w Wielkiej Brytanii potrzebujesz wizy studenckiej. Aby złożyć wniosek o taką wizę studencką musisz zdjać certyfikat językowy na poziomie B2.
Uważaj! Do celów wizowych musisz wybrać wyłącznie egzamin w wesji Secure English Language Test (SELT) UKVI .
Co to jest test SELT UK VI registration? Przeczytaj więcej o testach SELT UKVI >>