Illustration is in a constant state of change and evolution, and our course reflects this as we focus on the way multicultural and technological issues influence the subject.
Your practical skills will be tested as you work with animators, photographers and video makers to build the key skills of a designer and develop different types of work, including illustration for books, editorial applications and different forms of narrative.
And you will also develop the drawing skills that can be used in projects shared between our animation and graphics courses, and are essential for success in areas such as film, animation, advertising, publishing, video games and app production.
WHY CHOOSE THIS COURSE?
- Learn in small, lively groups using state-of-the-art studios and digital media labs
- Study sequential illustration, creative typography, professional practice, printmaking and book binding
- Develop the drawing, photography, Photoshop and InDesign skills you will need to develop a career in areas such as film, animation, advertising, publishing, video games and app production
- Gain confidence and experience with excellent technical support and regular one-to-one contact with teaching staff
- Explore the boundaries and possibilities of your individual creative development
- Challenge current thinking about the social, political and environmental contexts of design in contemporary society
- Benefit from superb facilities, with access to digital media labs, motion graphics, book making, animation facilities and screen printing equipment
Typical graduate destinations for Art and Design students include; various roles within arts and the creative industries – magazine and book publishing, multi-media/web design, animation, television and video, advertising, public or community arts participation, design consultancies, museum and exhibition work, arts education and freelance creative practice, teaching.
You can also undertake further study at Masters level, for example, Illustration, Graphic Design, Animation, Digital Media and Motion Graphics.