Opis tego kierunku w języku polskim znajdziesz tutaj:
This Qualifying Law Degree enables you to study both domestic and international law with the option to spend a year studying abroad.
This course enables you to study Law from an international perspective. You will explore the foundations of international relations and you will be able to take optional modules such as the Laws of Armed Conflict or United States Law. By studying an exciting range of domestic and international law topics relevant to our global society, you will gain the skills that are needed in a changing business climate, both in the UK and overseas.
Why study this course?
- It is recognised by the Solicitors Regulation Authority and the Bar Standards Board as a Qualifying Law Degree.
- You have the option to study abroad in your third year.
- You can take part in our International Summer School Scheme.
- Work on a business/law project with our Employer Challenge.
- You will benefit from our renowned expertise in mooting. You will take a mooting module and can get involved in international and national mooting competitions in which we have a winning track record.
- You can join our thriving LEX Student Law Society and get involved with a range of sporting, social, and networking activities.
- You will study in outstanding facilities, including a suite of authentic mock courtrooms and mooting rooms.
- Upon graduation you can apply for entry to our Legal Practice Course or Bar Professional Training Course, which is the next stage of training to become a solicitor or barrister.
- 100% of our students on this course are employed or engaged in further study six months after graduating (latest Destination of Leavers from Higher Education survey 2016/17).
Careers and employability
A Law degree is highly valued and provides a solid foundation for a variety of careers. 100% of our students on this course are employed or engaged in further study six months after graduating (latest Destination of Leavers from Higher Education survey 2016/17).
If you complete your LLB with us and gain a 2.2 or above we will guarantee you a place on our excellent LLM Legal Practice Course for intending solicitors. If you are interested in a career as a barrister there is also the opportunity to progress on to our highly-regarded LLM Bar Professional Training Course. We do encourage you to submit your application for these courses as early as possible to avoid disappointment. These courses can reach maximum capacity prior to the course start date.
A Law degree doesn’t just have to lead to a career as a solicitor or barrister, however. On our LLB course you will gain a host of transferable skills including an international perspective and an appreciation of the law that many employers will value, both in the UK and overseas. In the last few years our graduates have gone on to positions including:
- in-house counsel
- trade mark attorney
- trade union consultant
- freedom of information adviser
- human resources officer
- investment banker
- victim support caseworker
- review and features editor
- quantity surveyor
- business development manager
- sports marketing analyst.
Excellent placement opportunities
You will find the work experience associated with this course invaluable in today’s employment market. This is because you will gain vital real-life skills that will make you stand out from the crowd.
We will encourage you to get relevant work experience during the vacations. You will achieve our Certificate in Professional Practice if you successfully undertake ten weeks’ relevant work experience. This qualification will:
- look good on your CV
- demonstrate you have developed practical skills and work-based competencies.
You will be responsible for organising your own placements with the support of the University. You will receive an introduction to the Certificate and advice on securing placements in the first year.
You can also work towards the University’s Acceler8 Employability Award. This has been designed to provide formal recognition for everything you achieve outside of your studies.