Opis tego kierunku w języku polskim znajdziesz tu>>
The sea is vital to human existence – for commerce, navigation routes, and as a major source of natural resources. Legal expertise in the issues surrounding the law in these areas is always in demand.
Our LLM in International Maritime Law will give you an in-depth understanding of the law concerning contracts for the carriage of goods, marine insurance, international trade and law of the sea.
Learning from experts with high level academic and practical experience, you will gain specialist knowledge and skills that are highly valued by employers, and open up a range of exciting career opportunities.
WHY INTERNATIONAL MARITIME LAW AT SWANSEA?
As a postgraduate student at the Hillary Rodham Clinton School of Law, you will be part of a globally recognised law school, with a thriving academic environment committed to excellence in teaching and research, and offering an exceptional student experience.
- The overall rating for teaching on Swansea’s LLMs is 90% (Postgraduate Taught Experience Survey 2018)
- 93% of our students overall are satisfied with their course (Postgraduate Taught Experience Survey 2018)
- You will be exempted from the level 2 requirements of CIArb membership, so you can apply for the level of Member of the Institute (MCIArb), on successful completion the International Commercial Arbitration module
- Swansea University is ranked 26th in the UK for research quality and 22nd for research impact (REF 2014)
YOUR INTERNATIONAL MARITIME LAW EXPERIENCE
On this LLM degree you will gain the knowledge and experience to develop into a 21st century lawyer or legal service practitioner with specialist and in-depth understanding of international maritime law.
Our postgraduate law degrees give you the opportunity to learn from academics who are industry experts, with a wealth of academic and practical experience.
You will also learn through:
- Guest lectures to give you insight into practice in the field
- Mooting competitions
- Summer schools abroad
INTERNATIONAL MARITIME LAW EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITIES
Graduates of the LLM in International Maritime Law are well positioned for stimulating and rewarding career opportunities.
Improving your employability is a key priority for us, and we organise a range of events to help, including the annual LLM careers fair, which gives you the opportunity to meet local and international law firms, as well as networking events and visits to leading practices in the City of London.