Opis tego kierunku studiów w języku polskim:
As technology, transport, and a complex international economy make our world smaller, the value of peaceful and cooperative relationships between nations is increasingly important.
International relations are a vital aspect of citizenship in a global society and this four-year BA International Relations degree with a Foundation Year is one of the most important degree programmes we offer.
The foundation year gives you an exciting introduction to higher education, exploring the humanities and social sciences before progressing to the full degree programme. It’s ideal if you need a little more support after further education or if you are returning to education after a gap.
This interesting area of study explores globalization and global institutions, development and human rights, International and regional politics, peace and conflict, political economy, security studies and strategic studies and you will learn how power, institutions and laws affect our day-to-day lives.
WHY INTERNATIONAL RELATIONS WITH A FOUNDATION YEAR AT SWANSEA?
Based on our stunning Singleton Park campus, in parkland overlooking Swansea Bay on the edge of the Gower Peninsula, you will have the opportunity to:
- Study in one of the select departments in the UK to offer the British Parliamentary Studies modules where you will be taught by our specialist academic staff and members of parliament. You will also visit the House of Commons in London.
- Look behind the headlines to the key players in world politics, exploring important ideas and how can we solve conflict or achieve cooperation.
- Understand the patterns of behaviour between nations, their leaders and corporations, focusing on the interactions and inter-relationships between philosophical, political and economic thought.
YOUR INTERNATIONAL RELATIONS WITH A FOUNDATION YEAR EXPERIENCE
During your foundation year, you will explore what it means to be human – studying a range of humanities and social science topics to introduce you to university-level study.
You will start the International Relations degree in your second year, offering you a wide-range of specialist modules that allow you to tailor your future career goals while developing your individual interests.
- You will be taught by innovative experts who have strong national and international links.
- You will have the competitive option in semester one (available for 20 students) of undertaking an internship module with the National Assembly for Wales, working closely with an AM for one day a week.
- You will be able to spend a semester abroad in Hong Kong, Singapore or the USA during the second year of your study to enhance your student experience and career prospects.
- In your final year you have the invaluable opportunity to opt for a place on the Welsh Assembly Placement Scheme.
INTERNATIONAL RELATIONS WITH A FOUNDATION YEAR EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITIES
This International Relations degree is in the top-20 for career prospects (Guardian University Guide 2018)
Our graduates are employed all around the world and enter careers including:
- Government and politics
- Humanitarian organisations
- Media and public relations
- Law and public services
Our students have also gained employment working for organisations such as:
- Westminster Forum Projects
- Labour Party
- Price Waterhouse Coopers