Opis tego kierunku w języku polskim znajdziesz tu>>
The LLM in LegalTech puts you at the forefront of a fast-growing field, opening up exciting career opportunities to harness the power of technology in the legal profession.
Artificial Intelligence and related technologies are playing a rapidly increasing role in legal practice. This innovative and topical master’s programme will give you the skills to understand and embrace this new tech, to innovate, and to put ‘LegalTech’ into practice.
You will explore how technologies such as Artificial Intelligence (AI) and Blockchain impact legal services. You will also have the opportunity to work with AI systems, to develop LegalTech apps and solutions, to become comfortable working with Big Data, and to understand the legal and regulatory challenges associated with technology.
WHY LEGALTECH AT SWANSEA?
As a postgraduate student at the Hillary Rodham Clinton School of Law, you will be part of a globally recognised law school, with a thriving academic environment committed to excellence in teaching and research, and offering an exceptional student experience.
- The overall rating for teaching on Swansea’s LLMs is 90% (Postgraduate Taught Experience Survey 2018)
- 93% of our students overall are satisfied with their course (Postgraduate Taught Experience Survey 2018)
- Swansea University is ranked 26th in the UK for research quality and 22nd for research impact (REF 2014)
YOUR LEGALTECH EXPERIENCE
You will gain the knowledge and experience to develop into a 21st century lawyer or legal service practitioner, able to deploy different technologies to aid legal practice and to drive innovation across the profession.
You will also learn through:
- Guest lectures by expert practitioners in LegalTech;
- Workplace learning through voluntary work and/or placements;
- Involvement in collaborative research projects with research partners;
- Engagement with the School’s Centre for Innovation and Entrepreneurship in Law (CIEL).
You will discover how Artificial Intelligence is applied to the law and how the law is applied to AI.
You will learn AI concepts and work with AI tools to develop your own LegalTech solutions, gain experience working with Big and Small Data, and apply your knowledge in hands-on practical exercises.
The course will give you a range of skills and experiences that will complement your legal knowledge and will provide you with insights into how computational thinking can be related to legal processes.
LEGALTECH EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITIES
Graduates of the LLM in LegalTech are well positioned for stimulating and rewarding opportunities. Your future could lie in a traditional or specialist role such as:
- Legal data scientist
- Legal engineer
- Legal project manager
- Legal risk manager
- Legal technologist