Are you looking for a management role in one of the fastest growing industries worldwide? Travel and tourism, as a sector, grew faster than the rest of the economy in 2017 with seven million new jobs created (World Tourism Council, 2018). That equates to one in five of all new jobs created around the world being attributed to the travel and tourism industry. So, whatever your management role, it’s an industry on the up, with fantastic career opportunities across the globe.
The MSc Management (Tourism) programme at Swansea University will equip you with the advanced knowledge on the concepts and characteristics of tourism in relation to business, management and social science. You’ll look at how tourism impacts at a local, national and global level.
You’ll be taught by leading tourism scholars who will cover topics such as destination management, development, tourism economics, governance and strategy, successfully combining sector knowledge with general business applications.
WHY MANAGEMENT (TOURISM) AT SWANSEA?
- Open to applicants with no existing experience of business or management related subjects
- Business Management is ranked in the UK Top 30 for Graduate Prospects (Complete University Guide 2018)
- All modules are taught by our world-class faculty who have industrial and academic knowledge
- Professional body accreditation, which can help to accelerate your career
- Swansea University was voted What Uni? Student Choice Award 2017 Winner -Postgraduate study
- Swansea is joint 1st in Wales for international ranked research (Research Excellence Framework 2014)
- Swansea is 1st in Wales for world-leading impact – 60% at 4-star level (REF 2014)
- Based in the £22 million School of Management building on the new Bay campus
YOUR MANAGEMENT (TOURISM) EXPERIENCE
From the moment you arrive at the School of Management we will work with you to help build your skills and experience to enhance your career prospects.
You will have unlimited one to one bespoke careers advice from our dedicated careers team. You can go on a work placement or internship through the Swansea Paid Internship Network (SPIN) or the Week of Work initiative.
We have strong links with a range of high-profile organisations including Dell and Ernst and Young.
All our students benefit from co-location with industry at the innovative Bay Campus, working alongside companies such as Fujitsu, in facilities that boast dedicated teaching space and study areas, and extensive IT facilities equipped with the latest hardware and specialist software.
MANAGEMENT (TOURISM) EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITIES
We have an excellent track record of placing our graduates with major multinational companies.
Your Management (Tourism) programme will give you the opportunities to work across a wide range of sectors and thrive within this competitive and growing market.
Your next step could lie in any of these roles:
- Tourism Management
- Travel Coordinator
- Market Analyst or Researcher
- Business Development Manager