Opis tego kierunku w języku polskim znajdziesz tutaj:
This exciting new four year MBiol courses combines course material and content from undergraduate and postgraduate levels, giving you a Masters-level qualification.
Why choose this course?
If you have drive and ambition to progress into a professional scientific career in industry or academia or onto a PhD, then this course is ideal for you. It provides tailored knowledge, technical skills and research expertise to help you stand out in the jobs market. During this course you will:
- develop the practical skills employers are looking for with a project in your third year and a year-long project in your final year
- work with our internationally renowned experts – they will supervise and review your research projects
- get a Masters-level qualification – your research project will be assessed and moderated using Masters-level criteria and your final year modules will be of Masters level.
- be work-ready – you have the option of a 12-month work placement in the third year, which can build upon your practical experience and is often paid.
- NTU is in the top 20 universities in the UK for biological science – The Times and Sunday Times University Guide 2019.
Careers and employability
As well as the Masters-level practical laboratory skills, this course will equip you with transferable skills in critical analysis and understanding, qualities and attributes necessary for a wide range of careers in industry, commerce, teaching, and research.
Our graduates usually seek research and development positions in the pharmaceutical and related industries including universities and hospitals. They also work in non-laboratory based activities such as:
- clinical trials
- regulatory affairs
Recent graduates are now working in the following roles:
- Boots – formulation scientist
- Convance – experimental officer
- GlaxoSmithKline – assay development scientist
- ITH Pharma – technical assistant.
Many of our graduates also choose to study further on an MPhil or PhD research degree.
Excellent placement opportunities
After Year Two, you have the opportunity to undertake a one years’ work placement in industry, including overseas options. This will give you the chance to gain vital experience and put your knowledge into practice.
You will be assessed throughout the year and will be required to write a reflective report and diary. On completion of a successful placement, you will be eligible to receive an additional award – the Placement Diploma in Professional Practice, an excellent addition to your CV.
Recent Pharmacology and Bioscience students have secured placements in the following companies:
- Scott Bader
- British American Tobacco
- National Institute Medical Research
- Glenfield Hospital.