The Nottingham Business School MBA is designed to enhance your management knowledge, your leadership capabilities, your global perspective and your professional career. It has been awarded a Dual Award status by the Chartered Management Institute (CMI).
Our MBA has three core principles at heart:
– The principles of responsible and sustainable management are central to our School and the programme. We’ll help you to develop the insights, capacities and skills to create and maintain responsible, efficient business practices, as well as to develop your sustainable mind-set, promote responsible leadership and influence organisational cultures.
– The learning style and opportunities are characterised by experiential learning, manifest in the two consultancy projects and a pedagogy designed to increase opportunities for experiential elements in each module.
– We offer a personalised pathway, with the freedom to specialise in the areas that interest you most and to shape your skills and experiences around the career you want.
The NBS MBA aims to prepare you to be more informed across all areas of business administration so that you are able to take up senior strategic management roles as part of your career progression.
We have designed a curriculum which will challenge your thinking, stretch the boundaries of your knowledge and demand reflection on your previous managerial decisions and actions. If you take the programme seriously and go beyond the minimum requirement to pass, it will help you to consider how to be an ethical and effective leader so that you can make a positive contribution to your future organisation, employees and society.
What you’ll gain from this degree?
– we offer a more hands-on experience than most other UK business schools. You’ll complete two hands-on experience projects; one within the UK and the other one internationally. You can read our blog on previous trip to Stellenbosch University in Cape Town, South Africa.
– our Personal, Professional and Leadership Development module will include opportunities for academic and industrial mentoring, careers support and individual personal and professional development based around your needs.
– develop global management skills and immerse yourself in a multicultural atmosphere, with a dynamic community of staff and students from around the world.
– articulate a critical understanding of the contemporary issues, theories and conceptual frameworks used to explain and guide management and leadership activities in organisations.
– critically appraise the range of tools and techniques required to transform the culture and capabilities of organisations to meet the challenges of a turbulent and dynamic business environment.
Careers and employability
At Nottingham Business School, we’re focused on your employability from the start of your degree. We provide you with a learning experience that integrates theory and practice.
Graduates from this course have gone onto roles within the public, private and third sector, undertaking positions such as:
– head of procurement
– project manager
– managing director
– finance director