This course prepares you for a career as a make-up artist in television, film, theatre, prosthetics, advertising and fashion, with a special focus on creating convincing and realistic special effects. It gives you the techniques, craft skills and specialist knowledge employers are looking for.
You learn to research and realise characters through hair and wig setting; postiche; costume; prop design; prosthetics; and designing effects make-up.
You benefit from working within our high-spec media facilities alongside student actors, producers, scriptwriters and presenters as well as collaborating with local theatres, TV productions and performances at the University’s professional theatre.
WHY CHOOSE THIS COURSE?
- Explore character creation with an emphasis on prosthetics and special-effects make-up as well as high fashion, advertising/editorial and period make-up
- Practise drawing from life to identify the body’s reactions and their visual impact
- Learn how anatomy and physiology affect make-up design
- Gain specialist knowledge and expertise in preparing performers for the stage, catwalk or screen
- Study relevant regulations and develop the entrepreneurial skills to establish yourself as a freelance make-up artist
- Develop academic skills to undertake research into the field of make-up which you can then use to create your characters
- Build up your portfolio and prepare for freelance work in performing arts, events, and the media, TV and film industries
- You can progress to BA (Hons) Media Performance for Film, TV and Theatre on completing this Foundation Degree
- Work experience with professional experts and companies
- You will work independently and in collaboration within the media facilities alongside student actors, TV producers, and presenters. You will have the opportunity to work with scriptwriting or production management teams from different degrees or in collaboration with local theatres and TV productions.
- You will develop skills to set up as a freelance make-up artist.
- You will also gain experience of working in teams and in collaboration with others, preparing you for employment in make-up and media industries.
Wiza studencka do Wielkiej Brytanii
Aby studiować w Wielkiej Brytanii potrzebujesz wizy studenckiej. Aby złożyć wniosek o taką wizę studencką musisz zdjać certyfikat językowy na poziomie B2.
Uważaj! Do celów wizowych musisz wybrać wyłącznie egzamin w wesji Secure English Language Test (SELT) UKVI .
Co to jest test SELT UK VI registration? Przeczytaj więcej o testach SELT UKVI >>