Prepare for a career as a make-up artist in television, film, theatre, prosthetics, advertising and fashion, or progression to the BA (Hons) Media Performance for Film, TV and Theatre, with experience of a broad range of techniques, craft skills and in-depth analysis valuable to future employers.
Research and realise characters through hair and wig setting, postiche, costume, prop design, prosthetics and designing effects make-up.
To create convincing and realistic special effects, learn anatomy and physiology and practice drawing from life to identify the body’s reaction, and the visual impact.
WHY CHOOSE THIS COURSE?
- Learn by working within the media facilities alongside student actors, TV producers and presenters. You will have the opportunity to work with scriptwriting or production management teams from different degrees or in collaboration with local theatres, TV productions and the Judith Blake Theatre
- Study laws and regulations and develop entrepreneurial skills to help you establish yourself as a freelance make-up artist
- Develop academic skills to undertake research into the field of make-up helping you implement your research findings in creating your characters
- Gain specialist knowledge and expertise in the theory and practice of preparing performers for the stage, catwalk or screen
- Explore character creation with an emphasis on prosthetics and special-effects make up, combined with high fashion, editorial and period make-up to enable you to build up your portfolio and prepare for freelance work in performing arts, events and the media/TV/film industries
- Benefit from a course that will enable you to work in film, fashion events or in the performing arts or progress to the BA (Hons) Media Performance for Film, TV and Theatre.
- You will work independently and in collaboration within the media facilities alongside student actors, TV producers, and presenters. You will have the opportunity to work with scriptwriting or production management teams from different degrees or in collaboration with local theatres and TV productions.
- You will develop skills to set up as a freelance make-up artist.
- You will also gain experience of working in teams and in collaboration with others, preparing you for employment in make-up and media industries.