Whether you want to work for a major international brand or an innovative creative agency, our popular MSc Branding and Advertising degree will help you develop into an effective marketing professional supported by effective branding and communications expertise. The course is aimed at students from a range of backgrounds, who want to specialise in branding and marketing communications. You will develop skills and learn from leading-edge theories, tools and techniques you’ll need to operate at a strategic and tactical level within global marketing.
The fragmentation of media and the complex and competitive nature of business now means that organisations need to think carefully about their branding and how they communicate with internal employees and external stakeholders. This course will give you an exciting and stimulating opportunity to reflect on how organisations can rise to the branding and communications challenges of the 21st Century.
Created in close consultation with senior marketing professionals and the Chartered Institute of Marketing (CIM), our course will develop the skills that are sought after by today’s marketing employers. When you successfully complete your MSc Branding and Advertising degree, you’ll have the opportunity to gain an extra qualification, the Level 4 Certificate in Professional Marketing upon successful completion of an assessment. You’ll also be given the opportunity to attend the Google workshops which will be run by Google Partners to gain a professional accreditation that Google offers to individuals who demonstrate proficiency in basic and advanced aspects of AdWords.
Finally, in your third semester, you’ll choose an experiential project. With the opportunity to use your skills in a real-world setting, you can choose from completing a consultancy experience project, an internship experience project, a business research project or a global experience project.
Our marketing courses at Nottingham Business School, Nottingham Trent University are ranked 14th in the Complete University Guide 2019.
What you’ll gain from this degree?
– a Graduate Gateway accreditation from the CIM which means you will have the option to gain a second professional qualification.
– knowledge and understanding on how organisations can develop appropriate corporate branding strategies and enhance their corporate reputation.
– understand the role of corporate communications in the implementation of processes, structures and systems necessary to improve an organisation’s corporate reputation.
– knowledge and understanding on the implications of developing marketing communication strategies for both the customer and the organisation.
– key marketing communication tactics and how to implement them internally and externally.
– communicate key issues and arguments in written and oral format to a professional standard.
Careers and employability
At Nottingham Business School, we’re focused on your employability from the start of your postgraduate degree. We provide you with a learning experience that integrates theory and practice.
Graduates from this course have gone onto roles within the public, private and third sector, undertaking positions such as:
– marketing and business development manager
– marketing manager
– brand manager
– account executive
– product manager