Our MSc International Business (single award) is for students who want to broaden their knowledge of the international business environment, global strategy, and cross-cultural management. It suits individuals from a wide range of educational backgrounds, and offers the opportunity to gain valuable international experience in just one year.
Globalisation represents a great opportunity for those who can acquire knowledge and skills that foster an international perspective, the ability to interact with stakeholders from all over the world, and the ability to operate in a labour market that crosses national borders.
With this degree, you can gain an incredibly valuable international experience in just a year. Study with us in the UK, immerse yourself in a new culture at one of our European partner institutions and choose from an exciting range of hands-on final projects.
Our standard Masters involves rigorous core studies here at the Business School, followed by a term studying abroad at one of our partner institutions in Germany, France, South Korea, Czech Republic, Belgium, Sweden, Hungary, Italy, Norway, Slovenia, Poland, Switzerland and Portugal.
This course trains you for working in a range of internationally oriented companies, including multinationals, small-to-medium enterprises and public institutions.
What you’ll gain from this degree?
– insight into external and internal environmental aspects of international business behaviour and strategy.
– critically understand and evaluate the influence exerted by culture on the way businesses operate internationally
– analyse a variety of relevant data used in diverse contexts to support effective decision making in the international business discipline.
– articulate a critical understanding of functional strategies and their intersection in the international business context.
– demonstrate the ability to make recommendations for organisational practice based on theoretical insights through a process of experiential or applied learning.
Careers and employability
At Nottingham Business School, we’re focused on your employability from the start of your postgraduate degree. We provide you with a learning experience that integrates theory and practice.
Graduates from this course have gone onto roles within the public, private and third sector, undertaking positions such as:
– business development executive
– marketing specialist
– finance associate