Our MSc International Real Estate Investment and Finance course is designed for those wishing to pursue a career in the real estate investment and finance business in international markets. It focuses on real estate markets and institutions, appraisal, finance, and investment and development valuation. It will develop the skills and abilities necessary on the advisory side as a Chartered Surveyor, or on the client side working for investors.
Who is this course designed for?
This course is aimed at professionals and gradates wishing to pursue a career working internationally in the field of property investment and finance, on route to Chartered Surveyor status. It’s suitable for prospective students who don’t necessarily have a background in property or construction, acting as a fast-track conversion course for those with an unrelated undergraduate degree (or professional qualification) to obtain an accredited route into the industry. In addition, this course is suitable for property and construction professionals working in industry, who wish to operate in international markets.
Why study this course?
– Study at one of the UK’s largest and most established providers of property education; NTU is ranked 2nd in the UK for Building and Town and Country Planning (Guardian University Guide 2019) and our network of alumni within the property profession is extensive and wide-ranging.
– Our flexible study options support part-time learners, who wish to balance employment with further study.
– Study trips to live sites in the UK and abroad are included in your course fees, designed to help develop your understanding of theory in practice. Previous study trip destinations have included Budapest and Frankfurt.
– Learn from expert academic staff, who have established links to industry and significant industry experience.
– Have the opportunity to work with an industry mentor – often an NTU alumnus. In previous years, these relationships have led to work experience and employment.
– Hear from visiting industry and academic experts, some of whom are NTU alumni, who will be teaching parts of the modules, providing a ‘real life’ perspective on the topics you will be studying.
– Benefit from modern facilities and inspiring learning spaces, in the heart of Nottingham’s city centre.
– Our location in the centre of the UK allows for easy travel to many major cities, enabling you to benefit from networking events and employability opportunities.
Careers and employability
This course provides an opportunity for graduates from disciplines unrelated to real estate and construction to embark on a professional career in real estate.
Our MSc International Real Estate Investment and Finance course has an outstanding reputation for producing employable graduates. The course is accredited by the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (RICS), enabling successful graduates entry to the Assessment of Professional Competence (APC) of the RICS. The APC is the on-the-job training scheme that graduates need to complete to qualify as a chartered surveyor. Find out more about how to complete your APC and become RICS qualified.