Our MSc Property Development and Planning course equips you to oversee and manage the process of property development, from site identification and analysis, to planning, design, viability, marketing and finance, ultimately leading to the delivery of a development scheme. You will focus on adding value to land and property, as an adviser, consultant or developer. This course develops the skills needed to pursue Chartered Surveyor status.
Who is this course designed for?
This course is aimed at professionals and graduates wishing to pursue a career in the property and construction industries and professions, on route to Chartered Surveyor status. It’s suitable for prospective students who don’t necessarily have a background in property or construction, acting as a fast-track conversion course for those with an unrelated undergraduate degree (or professional qualification) to obtain an accredited route into the industry. In addition, this course is suitable for property and construction professionals working in industry, who wish to specialise in planning and development.
Why study this course?
– Study at one of the UK’s largest and most established providers of property education; NTU is ranked 2nd in the UK for Building and Town and Country Planning (Guardian University Guide 2019) and our network of alumni within the property profession is extensive and wide-ranging.
– Our flexible study options support part-time learners, who wish to balance employment with further study.
– Study trips to live sites in the UK and abroad are included in your course fees, designed to help develop your understanding of theory in practice. Previous study trip destinations have included Budapest, Frankfurt, Amsterdam and Prague.
– Have the opportunity to work with an industry mentor – often an NTU alumnus. In previous years, these relationships have led to work experience and employment.
– Learn from expert academic staff, who have established links to industry and significant industry experience.
– Hear from visiting industry and academic experts, some of whom are NTU alumni, who will be teaching parts of the modules, providing a ‘real life’ perspective on the topics you will be studying.
– Benefit from modern facilities and inspiring learning spaces, in the heart of Nottingham’s city centre.
– Our location in the centre of the UK allows for easy travel to many major cities, enabling you to benefit from networking events and employability opportunities.
Careers and employability
This course provides an opportunity for graduates from disciplines unrelated to real estate and construction to embark on a professional career in real estate.
Our MSc Planning and Development course has an outstanding reputation for producing employable graduates. The course is accredited by the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (RICS), enabling successful graduates entry to the Assessment of Professional Competence (APC) of the RICS. The APC is the on-the-job training scheme that graduates need to complete to qualify as a chartered surveyor.