Have a passion for making and listening to music? This course covers skills needed to create, record and produce music and audio.
- This course is ideal for those who have a passion for creative practices in both music and sound, and wish to explore the technical skill of those practices.
- You’ll explore the principles of sound and acoustics including: musical instrument acoustics, music composition and production, recording equipment and other music and audio software/hardware. We also cover the music business, careers and employability.
- The course is inspired by innovation in the technologies and practices of the music industry, encompassing both experimental areas and cutting edge industry practices.
The Music Technology BSc course at Coventry University is for you if you have a passion for creative practices in both music and sound and wish to explore the technical realisation of those practices.
You are likely to have an interest and background in music as well as in science and technology and the course caters to those who want to explore the principles of sound and acoustics including musical instrument acoustics, music composition and production in mainstream and experimental contexts, recording equipment and other music and audio software/hardware, and the music business, careers and employability.
The course is inspired by innovation in the technologies and practices of the music industry, encompassing both experimental areas and cutting edge industry practices. This is a practical course that gives you the space to explore their personal creative interests and innovations while helping them to develop a solid base of skills and knowledge to further their career aspirations.
Why you should study this course
The course is designed to reflect the range of areas that make up the subject of music technology and the wide range of jobs that may be available to you once you have completed your studies. The course comes with the following benefits and opportunities:
- Small class sizes so you should have plenty of access to our fantastic facilities.
- A vibrant and creative environment, offering you access to professional practices, new research and outstanding graduate support.
- Dedicated, experienced and qualified teaching staff with a mixture of commercial, academic and research related expertise at an international level.
- For successful graduates, a potential range of career opportunities as music producers, sound engineers, composers, and audio postproduction technicians.
- A course accredited by JAMES, a music industry body that acts on behalf of the association of Professional Recording Services, the Music Producers Guild and the UK Screen Association.*
- *This course is currently accredited by JAMES Joint Audio Media Education Support for the 2021/22 entry. If there are any changes to the accreditation of this course, we would notify applicants and students as soon as possible.
International experience opportunities
The course offers an international field trip to students. Students have been to Berlin to visit Ableton Labs and spent time in Hansa Studios where classic David Bowie and Depeche Mode albums were recorded. In addition, students recently went to Hong Kong where they took part in a pop-up show.
There is a strong emphasis within the course on your future career, not only helping you to discover what your chosen career path will be but also helping you to ensure that you have the professional level of business skill and knowledge to thrive in this demanding industry.
Wiza studencka do Wielkiej Brytanii
Aby studiować w Wielkiej Brytanii potrzebujesz wizy studenckiej. Aby złożyć wniosek o taką wizę studencką musisz zdjać certyfikat językowy na poziomie B2.
Uważaj! Do celów wizowych musisz wybrać wyłącznie egzamin w wesji Secure English Language Test (SELT) UKVI .
Co to jest test SELT UK VI registration? Przeczytaj więcej o testach SELT UKVI >>