This course addresses recent shifts in the global fashion industry and the resulting need for technical and creative skills in the pattern cutting sector. It responds to industry’s call for improved pattern cutting skills and recognises the breadth of careers students enter into.
This course is for graduates and professionals who have achieved an intermediate level or above in pattern cutting and manufacture, and wish to develop their skills further. It will help you to build upon your existing pattern cutting knowledge and professional practice through the investigation of innovative historical and contemporary pattern cutting methods.
Throughout the course you will enhance your theoretical and practical knowledge in creative pattern cutting, and develop your abilities to engage confidently and professionally within the fashion industry, helping career goals.
– Work in our extensive fashion design studios with industry-standard equipment and our expert teaching team
– Take part in a wide range of workshops and demonstrations
– Have the opportunity to go on study visits to costume archives, museums and design exhibitions
– Choose to collaborate with industry for your personal project. Recent student-led collaborations include Berghaus and Mountain Equipment
– Work with Illustrator, InDesign and LECTRA in our Computer Aided Design (CAD) suite
– After successful completion of this course you could progress directly onto our MA Fashion Design course.
Careers and employability
Successful completion of this course allows you to progress directly onto our MA Fashion Design course. Recent graduates have gone into a variety of roles including designing, creative pattern cutting, and product development. They have also used this course to develop their skills to gain a promotion, set up as a freelance pattern cutter or to start their own business
YouFirst – working with our Employability Team
Our friendly, experienced careers consultants will work closely with you at every stage of your career planning, providing personal support and advice you won’t find in a book or on the internet. You can benefit from this at any time during your studies and up to three years after completing your course.