Busy medical professionals who wish to increase and develop their knowledge want courses that are flexible and adaptable, and this PgCert fulfils that need. Each unit combines focused study days that range over a three month period, with interactive online learning and supported self-directed study. You will have opportunities to concentrate on your work-related professional progression, develop a critical, analytic and reflective attitude to medical and healthcare education, and grow as a medical educator and leader.
Why choose this course?
- Study a choice of specialist entry pathways, including Medical Education, Dental Education and Medical Simulation
- Explore the wide range of learning, teaching and assessment methods used across all levels of clinical education and training, and discover how to use these in practice
- Develop the skills, attitudes and practices of an excellent teacher, and an awareness of personal responsibility and professional codes of conduct
- Gain the capacity for innovation in education through the design, implementation and evaluation of a small scale education research, development or leadership project
- Benefit from studying with from a highly experienced, knowledgeable and accessible team who will encourage you to appraise your practice and address emerging development needs through independent and collaborative activities.
This course will develop your skills and practices to enhance your capacity to fulfil educational role(s) in medical and other healthcare education contexts.
Graduating from this course means you will be ideally placed to respond to current and future developments in educational policies and practices and be are well prepared to assume named educational roles and responsibilities, including educational leadership responsibilities (depending on experience).
The PgCert courses that lead into the MA in Medical Education are accredited by the Academy of Medical Educators; they provide a sound basis for evidencing your competence as both a clinical and educational supervisor.
The PgDip stage allows you to deepen your understandings and extend your skill set as a medical educator.
The dissertation stage develops your scholarship and ability to independently design, implement and evaluate a medical education research. The research project stage positions you to adopt a critical stance to existing practice and lead improvements and innovation.