If you already have an interest in policing or investigation, this course will help you develop an in-depth knowledge of policing, investigation and multi-agency working as well as cultivate critical thinking, analytical and research skills preparing you for range of careers.
The course will also appeal to you if you are already working in the criminal justice system and wish to enhance your skills and academic knowledge ready for a career within the police or a related field.
You will be taught by staff who are shaping contemporary police practice and gain hands-on experience of real-world scenarios in our forensic scene of crime lab and moot court.
WHY CHOOSE THIS COURSE?
- Explore modern policing and related topics such as psychology and criminal behaviour, substance misuse, crime, law, children’s and adult safeguarding, public protection and gang-related offending.
- Gain the skills and knowledge for a career in the police force as well as in associated fields such as forensic services, social work*, youth work* and the probation service.
- Learn from staff who are active in shaping current policy about policing and contemporary police practice, have good links with several police forces and a nationally and internationally renowned research profile.
- Gain practical experience of crime scenes and the court environment from our specially designed forensic investigation suite and moot court.
- Build on your preferred specialism through your choice of different pathways: policing and criminology, policing and psychology or simply policing.
We value real-world experience to prepare you for life beyond university, which is why we’ve forged connections with thousands of companies locally, nationally and internationally. Through our placements, you can gain that all-important practical experience whilst you complete your course.
From volunteering, internships and placements, through to a fee free year in industry, we offer a whole host of opportunities to enhance your employability
Whether you want to learn a new language, build networks, simply have the travel bug, or want to develop new skills and life experiences, our Go Global programme offers the opportunity to broaden your horizons, enhance your CV, and gain a truly international experience, all at the same time as studying towards your undergraduate degree. The Go Global programme is open to students from the UK and EU.
Travel to exciting destinations, including:
- New York
- Malaysia and Singapore
- At the University of Bedfordshire we ensure that your experience here is cultural, as well as academic. That’s why a whole host of opportunities are opened up to you, providing you with that all important experience to make you stand out from the crowd when it comes to getting graduates jobs.