Our BA (Hons) Politics and Social Policy degree can open up a range of exciting career possibilities by helping you to develop transferable skills, which are highly valued by employers.
This three-year course explores questions about how the world should be run, and what values should shape global politics, as well as issues like human rights and equality.
You will have the chance to take an internship at the National Assembly for Wales, and the opportunity to spend a semester abroad – an exciting and valuable experience, which will further enhance your career prospects.
WHY POLITICS AND SOCIAL POLICY AT SWANSEA?
Gower Peninsula, Politics is ranked:
- Top-10 for teaching experience (Times and Sunday Times 2018)
- Top-20 in the Guardian University Guide 2018
- Top-20 for career prospects (Guardian University Guide 2018)
Social Policy is ranked:
- 1st in the UK for Student Satisfaction (NSS 2017)
- 7th for Social Policy courses (Guardian University Guide 2019)
- Top-20 for Social Policy courses in the UK (Complete University Guide, 2018)
- 3rd for graduate prospects and student satisfaction (Complete University Guide, 2018)
You will have the competitive option of undertaking an internship module with the National Assembly for Wales, working closely with Assembly Ministers.
You can also have a semester abroad, studying in Hong Kong, Singapore, the USA or Canada, further enhancing your student experience and career prospects.
YOUR POLITICS AND SOCIAL POLICY EXPERIENCE
We offer varied and flexible course content, so you can shape your Politics and Social Policy degree to your own interests.
Topics include British and European politics, public policy, political theory and philosophy, electoral issues, democracy and International peace and conflict.
You will have an academic mentor for any pastoral and academic support you may need.
POLITICS AND SOCIAL POLICY EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITIES
91% of graduates are employed or in further study within six months of graduating (DLHE 2015).
Students on this course typically develop excellent oral and writing skills and you will learn to present your ideas in a range of formats, along with strong research, analytical and problem-solving skills.
Our graduates are truly international and are employed all around the world.
They have careers in:
- government and politics
- humanitarian organisations
- media and public relations
- public services